Ask the Expert.

Discussion in 'Beekeeping' started by alleyyooper, Jun 13, 2006.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

Not getting the answer to your question?
    Ask Zack.

Dr. Zachary Huang is an associate professor of entomology at Michigan State

University. Devoting his life to the study of honeybees, Zachary has shown his love for bees and the art of beekeeping. You can log onto his website www.cyberbee.net for an exciting beekeeping adventure. As a strong supporter of Michigan Beekeepers Association, Dr. Huang will answer any question you ask. From bee biology to the simplest beekeeping question, no question will go unanswered.

http://michiganbees.org

:D Al

2. beaglady

beaglady Well-Known Member

I'm sooo.. disappointed. I thought you were the expert. :p You know the old saying, 'Ask 5 beekeepers, get 6 different answers".

Seriously, thanks for the link.

3. Hovey Hollow

Hovey Hollow formerly hovey1716

I thought it was ask 10 different beekeepers get 12 different answers. Actually, I've already heard about 4 different variations of that quote..........LOL!!!
    Obviously they can't even agree about the saying about themselves!
    Thanks for the link!

4. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

No I'm no expert, I look up the answers to many of my questions in my A I Root ABC XYZ of bee keeping book. I couldn't find the answer to my latest question but did remember Zach.
    I found 5 swarm cells in one of my colonies so I want to bring the nuc I placed them in home so I can watch and possiable hear the new queen piping before she emerges. I just don't know how fragile the queen larva in those cells are.

Ask 12 bee keepers the same questinon and get 2 times or more answers as they keep changing their minds. Changeing minds are a good thing. Other wise we would still think the world was flat and not live in North America.

:D Al