Homesteading Forum banner
461 - 464 of 464 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,247 Posts
My mom made good money as a seamstress. She got tired of the bs customers and went back to working in a factory after a few years. But she was operating a bridal gown shop. Something about a wedding dress brings out the evil in women.

·
Premium Member
3,941 Posts
My mom made good money as a seamstress. She got tired of the bs customers and went back to working in a factory after a few years. But she was operating a bridal gown shop. Something about a wedding dress brings out the evil in women.
They don't call them Bridezilla for nothing!!! I did bridal a long time ago. Never again!
'Make it a size smaller.... I'm on a diet'. Every single time! If anything make it a bit bigger. Stress eating, bloated from partying with the bridesmaids, etc.
I worked for an interior decorator for a while. I enjoyed the work but she was a nightmare! Sailors would have blushed listening to that old woman cuss.
I've done quite a bit of contract sewing but I'm considering selling directly. If I'm doing the work I might as well make all the profit.
Not quite sure what I'd like to make. I love making purses and bags but it's never a good idea to try and compete with Walmart.

·
Expect the unexpected
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #463 ·
Seamstress work. Go to craft shows. Walk around, See what is being sold.
Not what is offered, but what people are buying and carrying out.
One thing I saw recently was these cloth bowls, that go under bowls
or plates and go in microwave. Like a fat pot holder. Individual use.
My friend really liked them and bought 4
I was like I don't need them and passed. Selling for $ 6 each.
One lady had baby clothes. Another had doll clothes.

·
Expect the unexpected
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #464 ·
Guess I need to go back and read this thread again from the start.

The budget is holding steady. Gave up a few things.

Thinking a bigger, better garden next year.
More sunflowers for the birds.
More scratch cooking.
Being creative.
Thinking outside the box.
More serious bargain hunting / price comparisons.

461 - 464 of 464 Posts