Artistic Gardens/ Le Jardin du Gourmet... who uses them?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by jen74145, Jan 10, 2007.

1. jen74145

jen74145 Well-Known Member Supporter

Stumbled across these people today... like the small sample packets, but it seems too good to be true. Is it?

2. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

They have a 65/100 on Garden Watchdog...Most people say that they wait forever for their catalogs and can't get anyone to answer their questions.

3. oberhaslikid

oberhaslikid Well-Known Member Supporter

I have got a post card in the mail and ordered seeds from them and got them with no problems.Its been a few years back.

4. katydidagain

katydidagain Adventuress--Definition 2 Supporter

I've used them off and on since the 80s; I'm happy. They have varieties not found easily elsewhere and 35 cents is cheap to try something new. However, their packaging leaves much to be desired--no planting instructions (even on their site last I looked).

5. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

We use them for herbs (dill, basil etc.) as all you need a a couple of seeds, and things I want to try (see if they will grow here). Haven't really noticed any delay (but I typically order seeds in January to February). Haven't had any problems and have used them for the last 3 years.

I've mentioned them in a couple of other threads too... they are the only people selling seeds in a small amount.

Pat

6. zealot

zealot Soli Deo Gloria

I also like their small-amount feature. It's hard to find 35 cent seeds nowadays.