arthritis -SLE any ideas???

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ann Mary, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Ann Mary

Ann Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

A friend of mine has Systemic lupus erythematosus and is really suffering. I told her I would write and see if anyone out there has any ideas I could pass on to her. SLE is a form or arthritis that is a malfunction of the body's immune system and the body produces antibodies that act against itself. I know she uses cherry juice but is there anything else natural she can use? Any help would be appreciated!

2. TimandPatti

TimandPatti Texas

Here is a little info that may be helpful

One of the insidious problems of inflammatory processes is the build up of acids in the tissues. Every time you use a muscle or a nerve acid is released as a by-product, it is up to the circulation to clear away these deposits. If the circulation is not efficient enough to do this or there are insufficient liquids consumed then these acids begin to increase in concentration in the tissues, todays build up adds to tomorrows and so on. One of the ways to combat this gradual slide along the acid scale is balancing the pH of the foods we eat. The recipe is simple, just add fruit and or vegetables to each meal. Fruit and vegies apart from tomatoes and oranges have an alkalizing effect on the body, carbohydrates and proteins have an acid reaction, balancing the two together will, over a period of time have a profound effect on acid residues in the tissues. That cup of Tea or Coffee and biscuit is one of the main contributors to an acid system which often needs to be altered to include something alkaline to help balance. Lemon juice although being acid in the air becomes alkaline after it goes through the process of digestion so it is a good addition balance that acid cup of tea.

Apple Cider vinegar is another age old remedy for the treatment of arthritis which has a similar alkalizing action to that of lemon and can be taken at the rate of 1-2 teaspoons in a glass of water three time a day or in warm water with the addition of honey to aid it's palatability.

Wintergreen oil can be used externally as a rub. This oil has a warming action and also contains an asprin like substance which as we know has a pain killing and anti-inflammatory action. Comfrey ointment can also be used as an adjunct to treatment. Comfrey also has an anti-inflammatory action as well as strengthening and healing actions on the joints especially. Massaged into the problem areas regularly will give some relief.

3. PonderosaQ

PonderosaQ Well-Known Member Supporter

Do a web search for information on Sam-e (S-adenosylmethionine). This has been used in europe for many many years. I would guess it has been available in this country 5 or so years. I have arthritis and fibromyalgia and have found it to be wonderful. The difference within a couple of days of taking it is the difference between walking and hobbling around. I have a friend with SLE who has also found it helps.
    You can buy it now in Walmart. I have found the Spring Valley brand to work best if I don't mail order. I have benefitted from doses far smaller than the maximum they recommend. I mention this as the maximum dose would be rather costly. If you can't find info please pm me. I recently moved but know I could ferret out references for you in a day or two.

I have also heard of wonderful results using Noni Juice for these autoimmmune disorders.

Best of luck to your friend,

PQ

4. Ann Mary

Thank you so much! I will pass all of this on to her. Ann Mary

5. Ann Mary

I will pass this on to her! Thank you !