Arrrrgggggh!!!

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by sylvar, Apr 13, 2005.

1. sylvar

sylvar Well-Known Member

%&*#*&*Q^!@&^*^*@^#*&#*&#*^!@&^&@^#!*&^@&#^*!&@^#*&!^@#*&!^@# Rabbits ate all my broccoli plants last night.

That dog is not living up to his end of our arrangement. Guess I am getting plants from the nursury this year.

Shane

2. birdie_poo

birdie_poo Well-Known Member

Maybe he's just waiting until the rabbit fattens up :haha:

3. wy_white_wolf

wy_white_wolf Just howling at the moon

Skinny rabbits can run faster and aren't as tasty as fat ones :haha: :haha: :haha:

4. Ed in S. AL

Ed in S. AL Well-Known Member

Sure it wasn't the dog? Mine will eat every plant in the garden if given a chance. He loves collard leaves and fresh dug taters. LOL

5. hollym

hollym Well-Known Member

Oh no, how discouraging!

hollym

6. sylvar

sylvar Well-Known Member

Ed....for the dogs sake I hope you are wrong. that would be the last straw for this one

7. OD

OD Well-Known Member

I had a herd (?) of cottontails eating my sweet potato plants faster than I could plant them last year. In desperation, I got some of that electric fence wire that looks like hay-twine, & ran it down both sides of the row about 4 inches off the ground, & tied it on to the electric fence that runs behind the garden. Worked like a charm.
    This year, I made some little tunnel things out of vinyl coated poultry wire to keep them out of the cabbage.
    I guess I'm just an old softie, but I love rabbits, just not in my garden.

8. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

My mom is having a similar problem with crows...they ate every single corn plant she had up the other day.

9. crashy

crashy chickaholic goddess

My peas are doing so good I know thems lil killer bunnies are out there somewhere :bash:
    Sorry about your veggies thats harsh.

10. kathrynlmv

kathrynlmv Well-Known Member

Sorry you lost your broccoli....rabbits are total vegetarians and are very repulsed by the smell of blood....get yourself a pile of bloody chicken livers, dilute the blood a little....and sprinkle it around the plants. However....I don't know anybody who lost a lot of broccoli in one night to rabbits.....sounds more like a groundhog to me...hence the name....they don't leave anything behind. Groundhogs respond to nothing short of a gun....sorry....kathyrnlmv