Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a new nite time visitor...can we catch him a trap? What bait works best? I know they are digging for grubs and stuff but they have no respect for my bulbs!! Help. DEE

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
One word: cayenne pepper.

Although I've heard black pepper will work, as well.

Sprinkle liberally all around your yard or garden beds. Repeat as needed. Be very generous with it! :yeeha:

·
Premium Member
2,193 Posts
When we lived in FL we put bells on a string and put them around the area the armadillo was working on and sat up on our porch with a .22 rifle with a flashlight taped to it and we cleared out the offenders in a couple of nights. You could hear the bells when they bumped the string. Rita in TN

·
Premium Member
5,620 Posts
put up a low fence

if you can find the hole just build a low fence to the trap and they will walk right in. They can't see worth a flip.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cyngbaeld said:
A standard doxy will follow them into their burrows and you won't have any more trouble with them.
Gee, one more thing to consider when I haul all 11 of my rescue dachsies from Los Angeles to Arkansas. I have already designed the snake proof, coyote & bobcat proof fence--now you've gone and thrown a wrench into my plan.... :)
Janis

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Sorry. I do like doxies tho. If (big if) I ever get another dog it will be a standard doxy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts