Argh, that man! --- a rare hubby rant (from me, anyway)

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by jen74145, Dec 21, 2006.

1. jen74145

jen74145 Well-Known Member Supporter

Y'know, if I were half as smart as my hubby... :rolleyes:

Just drives me nuts when I'm the one doing all the research and work on something (in this case, the animals) yet he somehow "just thinks" something is wrong, so I need to immediately pull out the bottlefeeding stuff and get cracking. Oh, of course I'm the one doing the extra work because of his hunch, he just supervises, lol.
    I've tried an analogy along the lines of "If I came to your job and started telling you how to do evrything, wouldn't it make you crazy?" but he just ignores and goes on.

Love him to bits, but I'm about to tan his hide. :croc:

2. Jerngen

Jerngen Perpetually curious! Supporter

Take the bottle and knock him upside the head :shrug: then while he is sitting on the ground, put the bottle in his hand and angle it towards the animal. Problem solved! :baby04:

3. uncle Will in In.

uncle Will in In. Well-Known Member Supporter

What did he think was wrong? How would a bottle help unless the animal was starving? Explain.
    If you know you are right don't jump just because he yells.

4. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Exactly! Suggest to him that if he thinks his method is correct HE should do it!

5. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Well....

My husband fills the barn with hay....that I pay for...exactly twice a year.
    Thats it....nothing else.

He tried to milk once when I was real sick but the ladies didnt like it....so I had to finish. And he said "Never again".....the goats were happy about that.

This year we raised....40 broilers, 2 pigs, 7goats(3milkers), 25layers and a calf.
    We---me and the children :cool: We also had 4 bottle bucks that sold quickly in the Spring....

6. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

Have you ever noticed that men seem to think we are always on the look out for "how to fix" things? You might just want to share a rant, or whatever, their response is to tell you how to fix it -- and their done. Mention it again and you'll get the "didn't I already tell you how to fix that?" look. I think that's just one of the way men and women are wired differently.

There's a funny sorry about Husband I like to share along those lines. The man love books, has more then any one person could ever read in two lifetimes. Prior to this adventure I had no experence with gardening, critters, etc. and everytime I'd ask husband a question in regards to such he'd say..."We have a book on that." It got to where I'd just ask which book he would suggest I read. Sure enough, he did just as your husband did, gave me advise on something after I'd read the dang book...so I said, "I'm doing it just like that book you advised me to read said to do it." His response: "Well, you know you shouldn't believe everything you read."

So yes, I can relate....

Hugs
    Marlene

7. jen74145

jen74145 Well-Known Member Supporter

Glad I'm not alone!
    They do just want to fix things, don't they... even when things may not be broke, argh!
    Ah well. I suppose I'll survive. Though what itty bitty helpless little ol' me EVER would do with out my hubby to help me in my inadequacy... perish the thought! :rolleyes:

8. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

My DH doesnt cook but he thinks he knows all about it....Makes me nuts...

9. cast iron

cast iron Well-Known Member

Well, we have to do what we are best at... ;)