Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Associated Press, 3:22 pm EST, July 22, 2007.

MEMPHIS, TENNESSEE--One lawn care company is showing a little skin to boost business. The women of ----- ---- Lawn Care (business name deleted to avoid advertising for them) offer to mow customers' lawns dressed in bikinis--a service that attracts more attention to the ladies than the lawns.
Now apart from the mere ridiculosity of the concept, my main concern is that it presents an occupational safety hazard to the ladies. I was just mowing the front lawn yesterday, and when I went over some tall grass under the old maple tree, the lawnmower made a shattering sound and hurled two projectiles a couple of yards away. It was a stick that had been left from the January ice storm, and thank God nobody was standing in the way when it broke in half and flew out of the lawnmower's grass deflector. I also remember another time when something similar happened; my Dad was mowing near an outbuilding when all of the sudden a rock flew out of the grass deflector, and flew through the air, striking a FULL propane tank about 50 feet away. Not only that, but on neglected, tall, unmown grass there could be snakes, mosquitoes, and (if a pond is nearby) snapping turtles. For safety it is best to have your legs and feet protected when cutting grass with a walk-behind-and-push lawnmower. That lawn service company ought to look carefully through the OSHA books, because there are so many unfortunate things that could happen to the gals when they cut grass like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.