area south and s/west of Knoxville, TN?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by longrider, Oct 29, 2005.

1. longrider

longrider Southern Gent

i'm in Bristol, a ways away. i can tell you that it is all farmable. knoxville is a big modern city with plenty of rural land around it. some flat and most hilly. i wish i could help with finding land but i am too far removed for you. good luck, carney

2. homebody

homebody Well-Known Member

so will have plenty of time to research and go in person. Is there anywhere in the Appalacians that I can go and buy handmade craft items from the people themselves?

3. homebody

Have been all around the area south of Columbia and didn't get any comments about it there. So tired of peole in or from the south being sterotyped. Therefore I MUST move in a southerly direction. Hope easten TN is far enough south that I can fit in. :shrug:

4. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

What kind of crafts are you looking for. I got plenty of woodworking stuff, Know people that quilt,paint and the like

5. homebody

and I have been making quilts 30+ years. I would be looking for handmade baskets, brooms, unusual stuff. Things that I can't or won't make myself. If you've ever read any of the Foxfire books, then you know what I'm looking for. I want to step back in time, if only for a little while. :clap:

6. terry stewart

terry stewart Well-Known Member

I live just outside of GATLINBURG lots of crafts also a great school arrowmont in gatlinburg there is a area called the glades craft comm. lots of help and info if you need any help just let me know