Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
35,432 Posts
I also know all of the words to Lawrence Welk’s closing song.
I loved it because it meant it was over.
Thanks for that, Grandma.

I. Am. Methusaleh.
👵🏻
Too funny. I had to sit through LW with my grandmother too. I was able to tune it out.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I could identify 32 folks in the picture by name, including Lassie. Some faces I recognized but couldn't remember their names. If I could blow up the picture on my laptop so I could see some of the faces better, I might get a few more.

So yeah, I guess I'm old too! 😁

·
Registered
238 Posts
I also know all of the words to Lawrence Welk’s closing song.
I loved it because it meant it was over.
Thanks for that, Grandma.

I. Am. Methusaleh.
👵🏻
My grandmother absolutely adored Lawrence Welk, she used to sing along with him all the time. I remember when I was little we had to sit through the Lawrence Welk show, which was on either on Saturday or Sunday nights at 7pm, so we could watch Emergency!, which was on at 8pm. So I probably know more songs from his program than I would ever care to admit!

·
Premium Member
21,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My grandmother absolutely adored Lawrence Welk, she used to sing along with him all the time. I remember when I was little we had to sit through the Lawrence Welk show, which was on either on Saturday or Sunday nights at 7pm, so we could watch Emergency!, which was on at 8pm. So I probably know more songs from his program than I would ever care to admit!
my favorite Emergency was when the lady got her big toe stuck in the bath tub faucet and Johnny and Roy had to deal with the nekkid lady. Lots of giggles.

·
Registered
238 Posts
We don't subscribe to cable/satellite TV (but we do have Netflix and Amazon), so we are limited to the channels that the antenna picks up. I usually watch MeTV, which has a lot of the old TV classics on. I can't stand the programming of the big network channels, the stupid reality TV shows, etc. However, I do like to watch "Ice Road Truckers" reruns on Quest!

·
Registered
238 Posts
@jeepgrrl
I used to be a jeep girl too.
got rid of my last one a few years ago. Dark cherry red. I loved it.
though I keep thinking about getting another.
I miss the stick shift.
I love my Jeep, I'm going to be buried in him when I die, lol! His name is Cosmic Charlie, and he is a white 2014 JKU Sahara, but I've swapped out a lot of the stock parts, lifted it and run on 35s. I would have preferred the manual tranny but I heard they were really hard to shift? I originally got my Jeep so I could haul my three huskies around in it. The 15-16 mpg is not so much fun, especially now that gas is over $3/gal!

I highly encourage you to get another Jeep! The JLs are pretty nice! OIIIIIIIO

·
Saltine American
6,946 Posts
It struck me last night that 40 years ago I was preparing for the start of my senior year in high school.
Any other class of 1982 folks here?
A lot more than five and like someone said enlarge that sucker..

Strange that I got an invitation to my 56th. year HS reunion a few minutes ago

Reactions: newfieannie

·
Shazbot!
5,613 Posts
Ancient apparently! I had to just stop. I was scared I knew them all since I knew all the ones I looked at.

·
Realist
2,888 Posts
I picked cotton for months to make enough to help pay for my family's first TV. It was 19 or maybe 17 inches. Called a portable, but that's OK, we were pretty content with it. Got 2 channels.
I know Alfred Hitchcock's face. I'll be old someday, but til then, might as well keep $hitting and grinning. That's what them store bought teeth are for..the grinning part, that is.
Class of 1969.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
I recognized quite a few by personal name, and more by their TV/ movie name, 43 in total. Each time I went through the picture I'd recognize a couple more.
I also remember watching Lawrence Welk, on Sunday nights. I'll always have a soft spot for that show, sometimes my parents would dance to the music playing,especially waltzing, and then they tried to teach us too. The closing song is running round and round in my head now.
Lisa in WA asked if anyone else was class of '82. Yes, I graduated from college that year.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts