Homesteading Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
16,223 Posts
Even if you don't agree with masks, they are is an alternative to vaccination. Even the lawyers arguing against this regulation agree that the Federal government does have the right to regulate workplace health. This law is about workplace health, it is not about the general population though the lawyer arguing against stated that he believes the states do have the right to mandate vaccines for everyone which Includes illegal immigrants. Ask them why are they not doing that?
It's more than the workplace. Once you get vaccinated, it stays with you 24/7. A workplace requirement is something you only do while you are in the workplace.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
The law is that Osha has the legal authority to enact and enforce this regulation. Lawyers on both sides stated so. The only argument was about how sweeping it could be. The lawyer arguing against the regulation stated this several times.

The regulation also allows businesses to prove they should not have to abide by this regulation because of their workspace situations and get a waiver.
and we all know lawyers never make a mistake or lie.... :rolleyes:

<sarcasm>

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
It's more than the workplace. Once you get vaccinated, it stays with you 24/7. A workplace requirement is something you only do while you are in the workplace.
Yes, that was mentioned. I personally doubt that will stand up as they all agreed that states could enforce a vaccine mandate in the workplace. Either way they all agreed that OSHA can enforce a mask mandate.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
16,223 Posts
That doesn’t show he ignorance. It shows her willingness to lie.

Sotormayer, being a Latina woman and obviously smarter than any subhuman white male, clearly understands the difference between state and federal powers.

It’s actually fairly simple. When it comes to issues actually written in the constitution, the states have all the right they need to ignore it. On the other hand, rights that were created out of thin air by social activists, states’ rights cease to exist.
I only listened to some of her questions, but most of her questions had nothing to do with law or the Constitution, but about health.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Hope OSHA gets on the stick and starts keeping gay men out of the workplace. Gay men have a higher incidence of HIV. They get caught in a wood chipper, and boom, blood everywhere. It's not worth the risk to other workers. If we are going to shape workplace health policy around virus exposure potential, gay men have to go.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
They are not forcing anyone to take the vaccine. They can find new employment.
Who are you (mod delete) kidding, I've been with the same company for 23 years, well established, well liked until last year when I refused all efforts to medically poison me, I am 5 years from retirement, but now have to pay for my own mandated covid test every week for the rest of my time ??? Is there an end date, or are the big pharm profits/kickbacks just too enticing to ever cease ?

You are correct, I can choose (unfortunately not about the vaccine) to find a different job, that allows dirty people like myself to earn a paycheck (as long as they don't have 100+ employees, and Xiden doesn't make it a mandate for EVERYONE in the workforce)!

·
Registered
944 Posts
The problem for the Feds is that the mandate does not deal with the working conditions of the work itself, but just the problem of breathing in general. It's another example of over reach by unelected officials (OSHA bureaucrats) regulating things not approved specifically by Congress.

It's the duty of the Executive Branch to carry out the laws made by Congress, not to regulate unfettered by checks & balances. That's Dictatorship.
BUT...mandated medications really need to prevail because of the NEXT pandemic that they're already working on to cure.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
My wife got the jab today. Her uncle, who she is taking care of, is on hospice. He’s a Covid paranoid guy. So she finally went against her initial decision, and got it.
She thought I’d be mad at her. :). Why? Just trying to make your uncle comfortable and settle down. All I can say is that if I had 2-3 months to live, I would hope I would have better things to worry about than who is vaxed ,and who’s not.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Note, this regulation allows for no vaccination. It does require unvaccinated workers to wear masks and be tested weekly.
If I have to wear a mask, why do I need to be tested? If I wear three masks, can I be exempt from testing?

And since the vaxxed can carry and transmit, they should be tested weekly, also. Because other vaxxed people can catch it from the vaxxed people as easily as the unvaxxed.

Actually, they have a greater chance of catching it from a vaxxed person, because there are more vaxxed people.

·
Registered
22,209 Posts
The court struck Biden's mandate down on employers of over 100 but let the healthcare worker mandate stand for providers accepting Medicare/Medicaid payments.

348 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
They killed it off. Too bad. But here is the deal. There are more and more people getting the shots now. I think when mandates first came out many decided for the sake of their job, to go ahead with the shots. And companys

can create their own mandates...and have. (y)

41 - 60 of 61 Posts