Homesteading Forum banner
21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I said this the other day but my local pharmacy has a big sign on the door. It says must wear mask at all times inside.

You go inside and not one person in the back had one on so I took mine off too.

It's a liability thing for the insurance probably.

I have seen now 2 total masks at the University where I am working on the last 6 months. Football and BB games are at full capacity in the stands. No super spreader events have happened yet.

I'm tired of Fauci peeing on my leg and telling me that it's raining. I don't need "science" to tell me what my eyes can see. And I'm not going to be Christopher Columbus trying to convince people the world is not flat. If they want it to be flat that's fine. Just don't draw me into it.
Josey Wales on the peeing and rain???

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
No comment on the fact that you can mask and test instead? That means you don;t have to find a new job.
That might work for some people.

Around here masks are mandatory at pretty much every work place regardless of injection status, so it's really just the testing that someone would have to deal with.

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
I'm still waiting for one of our super intelligent rulers to institute vaccine requirements for all those illegals entering the country and being shipped all over the states. ;)
Maybe they will be future Congress and staffers.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
No comment on the fact that you can mask and test instead? That means you don;t have to find a new job.
Masks have been shown by many studies to be useless for CoV...I've ennummerated the reasons why testing is illogical on other threads here.

I have several problems with the Fed mandate--(A) it is not an ennumerated power in The Constitution. Public health matterss are up to local jurisdictions. (2) It's arbitrary...Why 100 employees? Why not illegal immigrants? (c) no probidions for opting out for religious exemptions or for showing proof of prior immunity-- as is routinely done for things like TB, Rubella, etc etc...Studies show naturally acquired immunity is dozens of times more durable than vax immunity, itself rather weak .

Bad policy both legally and scientifically.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Masks have been shown by many studies to be useless for CoV...I've ennummerated the reasons why testing is illogical on other threads here.

I have several problems with the Fed mandate--(A) it is not an ennumerated power in The Constitution. Public health matterss are up to local jurisdictions. (2) It's arbitrary...Why 100 employees? Why not illegal immigrants? (c) no probidions for opting out for religious exemptions or for showing proof of prior immunity-- as is routinely done for things like TB, Rubella, etc etc...Studies show naturally acquired immunity is dozens of times more durable than vax immunity, itself rather weak .

Bad policy both legally and scientifically.
Even if you don't agree with masks, they are is an alternative to vaccination. Even the lawyers arguing against this regulation agree that the Federal government does have the right to regulate workplace health. This law is about workplace health, it is not about the general population though the lawyer arguing against stated that he believes the states do have the right to mandate vaccines for everyone which Includes illegal immigrants. Ask them why are they not doing that?

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
The problem for the Feds is that the mandate does not deal with the working conditions of the work itself, but just the problem of breathing in general. It's another example of over reach by unelected officials (OSHA bureaucrats) regulating things not approved specifically by Congress.

It's the duty of the Executive Branch to carry out the laws made by Congress, not to regulate unfettered by checks & balances. That's Dictatorship.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
The lawyers trying to get this Osha regulation stopped just admitted that the Federal government has the constitutional right to act with regards to health of the workers in the workplace.
This is no different than what's in the new, just passed, infrastructure bill. The only difference is that this is not a mandate - It is sanctified by congress.
All new cars will have to have kill switches in them.
"In other words, Big Brother will constantly be monitoring how you drive. If you do something the system has been programmed to recognize as driver impairment, your car could just shut off, which could be incredibly dangerous". Think - on the freeway.

Remember, the left believes they are doing this for your own good. Think of the children!

·
Registered
5,223 Posts
The lawyers trying to get this Osha regulation stopped just admitted that the Federal government has the constitutional right to act with regards to health of the workers in the workplace.
It wouldn't be the first time they were wrong.

·
Premium Member
30,044 Posts
Here tests are incredibly hard to get. If they would allow for home testing, hubby wouldn't mind getting swabbed. But standing around with people who are sick enough for their doctor to prescribe the test, being swabbed by someone wearing the same snot covered protective clothing all day, is a sure way to spread the virus.

My daughter saw a jerk a Walmart yesterday who bought every single test kit before they could be put out on the shelves.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Here tests are incredibly hard to get. If they would allow for home testing, hubby wouldn't mind getting swabbed. But standing around with people who are sick enough for their doctor to prescribe the test, being swabbed by someone wearing the same snot covered protective clothing all day, is a sure way to spread the virus.

My daughter saw a jerk a Walmart yesterday who bought every single test kit before they could be put out on the shelves.
I agree that how to get tested is a problem.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
That doesn’t show he ignorance. It shows her willingness to lie.

Sotormayer, being a Latina woman and obviously smarter than any subhuman white male, clearly understands the difference between state and federal powers.

It’s actually fairly simple. When it comes to issues actually written in the constitution, the states have all the right they need to ignore it. On the other hand, rights that were created out of thin air by social activists, states’ rights cease to exist.

·
Premium Member
30,044 Posts
From some of what I was reading, at least 2 of the justices will be swayed by their feeling about the pandemic and disapproval of the unwashed instead of abiding by the letter of the law.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
The problem for the Feds is that the mandate does not deal with the working conditions of the work itself, but just the problem of breathing in general. It's another example of over reach by unelected officials (OSHA bureaucrats) regulating things not approved specifically by Congress.

It's the duty of the Executive Branch to carry out the laws made by Congress, not to regulate unfettered by checks & balances. That's Dictatorship.
That’s an incredibly good point. Generally, when OSHA makes a regulation, it is specific to circumstances and conditions of the work place. In this case, we’re talking about an injury that workers could potentially get from their co-workers, but the proposed regulation doesn’t actually consider the circumstances of the risk.

It’s ridiculous that a company running a call-center with 10 employees constantly talking all day, within a couple feet of each other, wouldn’t need to observe the regulation, but a large company that does logging or, hell, underwater welding, where employees are rarely even within spitting distance, does have to.

Anyone who supports this regulation is willfully and openly supporting the idiocracy.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
From some of what I was reading, at least 2 of the justices will be swayed by their feeling about the pandemic and disapproval of the unwashed instead of abiding by the letter of the law.
The law is that Osha has the legal authority to enact and enforce this regulation. Lawyers on both sides stated so. The only argument was about how sweeping it could be. The lawyer arguing against the regulation stated this several times.

The regulation also allows businesses to prove they should not have to abide by this regulation because of their workspace situations and get a waiver.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts