Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The lawyers trying to get this Osha regulation stopped just admitted that the Federal government has the constitutional right to act with regards to health of the workers in the workplace.

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
The lawyers trying to get this Osha regulation stopped just admitted that the Federal government has the constitutional right to act with regards to health of the workers in the workplace.
Well, whether or not they have the “right” to do it, that is kind of what OSHA is.

I think the question is whether or not they have the “right” to force people to take an unproven drug of marginal effectiveness, rolled out in response to a virus of marginal mortality, in order to pad the pockets of their biggest donors, who, incidentally, are also the payers of the single biggest criminal fine in US history.

The answer to that question is pretty straightforward… unless you’re a devotee of the Church of Covidia.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, whether or not they have the “right” to do it, that is kind of what OSHA is.

I think the question is whether or not they have the “right” to force people to take an unproven drug of marginal effectiveness, rolled out in response to a virus of marginal mortality, in order to pad the pockets of their biggest donors, who, incidentally, are also the payers of the single biggest criminal fine in US history.

The answer to that question is pretty straightforward… unless you’re a devotee of the Church of Covidia.
They are not forcing anyone to take the vaccine. They can find new employment.

The lawyers against are arguing that the state and has the right to mandate vaccinations in the work place and even not in the world place. They are only arguing that Osha does not have this right across the board. They admit that Osha has the right to mandate vaccines or masking and testing in at least certain situations.

·
Registered
3,709 Posts
Really? So if I work at the shipyard and they require it I can go work for another shipyard? oh no, they require it too. Same with school district work, healthcare work, several industries that people CAN NOT GET A LATERAL MOVE JOB TO REPLACE THE ONE THEY ARE BEING PUSHED OUT OF.

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really? So if I work at the shipyard and they require it I can go work for another shipyard? oh no, they require it too. Same with school district work, healthcare work, several industries that people CAN NOT GET A LATERAL MOVE JOB TO REPLACE THE ONE THEY ARE BEING PUSHED OUT OF.
It is possible. I have heard it many times here in other situations.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts

The lawyers against are arguing that the state and has the right to mandate vaccinations in the work place and even not in the world place. They are only arguing that Osha does not have this right across the board. They admit that Osha has the right to mandate vaccines or masking and testing in at least certain situations.

Harvey Weinstein agrees!

Reactions: JeffreyD

·
Sock puppet reinstated
25,997 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Note, this regulation allows for no vaccination. It does require unvaccinated workers to wear masks and be tested weekly.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Masks aren't worth anything. I went to the doctor Tuesday. My doctor, the RN and the lady who takes my money were not wearing one. The first time I they didn't check my temp...

·
Saltine American
7,370 Posts
Saw my PCP Wednesday and she asked if it was OK for her to remove her mask and I agreed. She agreed to my request not to wear one.

Reactions: 1032swiss

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
16,223 Posts
I have just been able to catch a little of it. Both sides are inadequate.

• if a vaccine mandate is critical, why did it take the government over 2 years to mandate it?
  • Why is it only for companies with over 100 employees? Does SARS-COV2 count workers before infecting a worker?
  • Being we are on either the 3rd or 4th shot, doesn't this prove that the vaccine is not as effective as claimed?
  • Isn't the government intent to force a mandate on everyone? isn't using OSHA a misuse of law?
  • With Omicron, vaccines are not effective at preventing infection or preventing the spread of the virus.
  • What good does it do to enforce a mandate for workers when there is no mandate for spouses, family members, friends, etc?
  • Available treatment options make Covid-19 a treatable disease.

·
Registered
18,686 Posts
I said this the other day but my local pharmacy has a big sign on the door. It says must wear mask at all times inside.

You go inside and not one person in the back had one on so I took mine off too.

It's a liability thing for the insurance probably.

I have seen now 2 total masks at the University where I am working on the last 6 months. Football and BB games are at full capacity in the stands. No super spreader events have happened yet.

I'm tired of Fauci peeing on my leg and telling me that it's raining. I don't need "science" to tell me what my eyes can see. And I'm not going to be Christopher Columbus trying to convince people the world is not flat. If they want it to be flat that's fine. Just don't draw me into it.

·
SM Entrepreneuraholic
16,223 Posts
It certainly doesn't meet their mission statement.

With the Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, Congress created the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to ensure safe and healthful working conditions for workers by setting and enforcing standards and by providing training, outreach, education and assistance.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts