Are you celebrating Christmas?

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Melissa, Nov 30, 2006.

Are you celebrating Christmas?

1. Yes, going all out, presents, tree, parties, etc...

2. Yes, but in a minimal/quiet way.

3. No, not at all, just another day.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Melissa

Melissa member

With all the Christmas talk, I thought we would do a poll.

2. belladulcinea

belladulcinea Well-Known Member

Yes, with understated gusto!

3. roughingit

roughingit knitwit

Nope, not my holiday to celebrate, but have fun for those that do! :) (and yay, no more Christmas carols everywhere after that for the rest of us! I like the pretty lights and all and a few carols aren't bad, but not everywhere I go!)

4. jessin

jessin Well-Known Member

yep going all out and loving it.

5. Ravenlost

Ravenlost Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep...starting next weekend. My sister, niece and nephew will make their annual trip to go Christmas shopping with me. I want to have the house completely decked out by then (have taken advantage of the mild weather the last few days to cover my house in lights). The weekend after that my SILs are coming. The next week will be Christmas and we're going to my mother's house. Then, the next weekend my daughter and her husband will be here for several days and we will make another trip to my mother's house to see my brother (who has to work Christmas). Basically, we will have Christmas two weekends in a row).

Whew...I'm looking forward to it all, but just thinking about it makes me tired!

6. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

Christmas has always been my favorite holiday. I've always strung lights on the house and everything I can find to hang them on, put up lots of decorations, a huge tree, stockings, etc. There wasn't a room in the house that wasn't floor to ceiling in Christmas cheer. I've been slowly getting tired of Christmas. The stores start pushing it before Halloween, by the time Dec. gets here, I'm already burnt out on it. This year I'm not doing much. We will have a big dinner with all the family, but the decorations & presents will be minimal. We decided that from now on, Christmas will be a time for the family to enjoy each other without going into debt trying to live up to the dream the marketing guru's have painted. We are painting our own dreams now.

7. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

I love Christmas... so I decorate every nook and cranny. I have little get togethers thru out Dec. and Christmas Eve we have a family 'party'. QB

8. james dilley

james dilley Well-Known Member Supporter

Hope to have A nice quite Holiday. But I might have to do dinner for upto 10 other people. But thats par for the course..

9. Lairvine

Lairvine Pure-T-Mommicked, son!!!

We already have the tree up..did it this week. We will do family stuff, party, etc. kinda inbetween all out and quiet. Its's all good though, we have a 2 year old and he just loves it. LOL he even tells the Christmas tree good morning and goodnight. :)

10. pasotami

pasotami Hangin out at the barn!

I use to go all out for Christmas but I found that it was just me doing it and the family kind of "expected" it of me..... so years ago I decided that I would only decorate if ALL of the family is coming to my house.... that is a big thing since NO ONE lives anywhere near us. If it is just DH and the kids - I'll put up just a little stuff and focus more on spending time with each family member. I do something special for each one - cook their favorite meal, make them something to use before Christmas. Since the kids are not little anymore I focus more on expressing love, joy, and thankfulness. I also tell them that I do not want a ton of "stuff" under the tree - I only want ONE thing and it better NOT cost a lot - cheaper the better for it makes them think harder. I am making all the gifts this year except for one store bought item for each person. This makes shopping a beeze - I hate the crowds at the malls and all the hoop-la at Christmas. To me, it has gotten so commercial that the real spirit of Christmas is lost. I like the little shops and the out-of-the-way stores where I feel that the folks still know what Christmas is all about!
    How many of you go to Church or have devotions on Christmas Day? We do!

11. Lynne

Lynne Well-Known Member

Absolutely! Going the whole nine yards this year with the decorations; the past few years we have hardly used half the stuff we have in storage – so, I’m going through every thing this year. I have cut back on spending this year for gifts but still plan on having a dinner party for friends and enjoying the holiday to the max.