Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am! (A messy cook, that is). DH will NOT come into the house when I am cooking because (he is very neat and tidy) it drives him crazy. Even after I have worked for 1/2 hour to clean up everything and *I* think it looks just fine, he comes in and says "It looks like a bomb went off in here) His exact words LOL.

So tell me, do you think I am messier than the ordinary cook? Here is a photo of when I made salsa earlier today.

donsgal

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
Good golly! I don't murder small pets in the food processor.

But I do usually manage to get just about every pot and pan in the kitchen dirty by making something simple look complicated.

·
Nohoa Homestead
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MicheleMomof4 said:
I am messy but I clean it as I go. Otherwise it will drive me insane! How did the salsa turn out? :)
God Bless,
Michele
Pretty good so far. I am waiting for the flavors to mingle and for the hot peppers to kick in. You can't beat fresh tomato season.

donsgal

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm messy too. The only way I cope is by making sure the sink is empty before I get started, then the pots and bowls can go there when I'm done with them. I also try and put the ingredients away as I use them, and it still takes longer to clean up than to cook :rolleyes:

A

·
0 Posts
You're like my wife it seems. I hate to let her loose in my kitchen.

I'm a clean as you go type of guy. Hate spending an hour cleaning the kitchen when I get done with what I'm doing.

.....Alan.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I Am the person who washes there hands Ever 10 minutes while Cooking unless theres A meat involved, Then its as soon as The meat is in the skillet/pot. Pots/pans are left till after the meal. Then they are soaked,If called for to remove burnon foods. Then washed And hand dried. I do cheat with the dishes. I try to use Paper plates if I can!!! And the cutting board gets washed after every Item of differnt types To say it theres 2 Onions and peppers its washed b4 the peppers!!

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
I"m messy to a point in that everything I cook or eat ends up down the front of my shirt!

I clean as I go. If I'm due for a long kitchen session, I run and empty the dishwasher or handwash stuff if there are only a few items. Then, I get out a stack of rags. The sink usually has some soapy water in it and I wipe as I go.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I am not as bad as my husband! Once in a while he will cook our breakfast. I come into the kitchen and he is standing there smiling and looking proud of himself. "Hi Honey, I cooked breakfast for you this morning", he says while standing in the middle of the the BIGGEST disasterous awful mess you have ever seen. I can't help it....I walk up to him and hug him.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I sure am, and since I prefer to chop my fruits and vegetables by hand (last nights preperation of Shish kabobs comes to mind) I usually end up with a mess of stuff on the floor as well, but I'm a neat-freak, so I do clean as I go and aside from some dirty utensils, the kitchen looks pretty good when I'm all done.

·
Tub-thumper
1,588 Posts
Oggie said:
Good golly! I don't murder small pets in the food processor.
LOL Oggie!
-----

I'm a make-a-big-mess-but-clean-as-I-go kind of girl, myself.

/VM

·
Turkey Wrangler
5,193 Posts
My My Donsgal, what are you a neat freak!!??? My kitchen would be much messier, because I would be making about 20 gallons of the stuff, up to my elbows...
shirt red..... dh helps clean up!

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
I am half/half..it's dirty but I clean up as I go. It depends too. If I make cheesey SOS..the pan will get scorched come hades or high water lol :D I cooked it on the lowest temp and it still happened lol.

Katrina

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Well.....
I am not a messy cook per say but DH can dirty every dish in the kitchen just to boil water. My problem comes after dinner when hubby wants to settle down and veg in front of the boob tube and I can't get back into the kitchen to clean up after dinner.

·
Black Cat Farm
1,357 Posts
HeavenHelpMe said:
No, I'm not a messy cook, but I make up for it everywhere else.
Me too! DH is a messy cook, but since he is pretty much THE cook, I can't complain!

·
Registered
640 Posts
kay - first of all - Donsgal - I LOVE YOUR COUNTERTOP!!!

Anyway...

Yes, I tend to be a messy cook, but I figure make the mess then clean it up. Tough to make stuff by hand (without a mixer) and NOT make a mess, IMO, especially when getting distracted about a hundred times by DH "Honey, where's my....can you go get it?" and "Mommy, whatchamakin'?" and "Mommy, He took my..." and "Meow?" (that's my talkative cat) and "Meh?" (that's the sqeaky cat asking to go outside) and "Mow?" (that's the big cat asking for canned cat food).

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Yes, I'm a messy cook. Worked in resturants far too long. That's what a kitchen is for. Make good food, have a mess, clean it up and do it again! :)

Just finished making bread in the big mouth food processor. Then a double batch of banana apple muffins and the leftover pork soup is on the stove for tonight. Now I need to wash another batch of dishes and mop the floor. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts