Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was in today's CL. Thought y'all'd appreciate it.:p

12-14 goats, including a Boer billie, Boer crosses, and a Black Nubian with a Boer cross kid. I've been chasing them out of my driveway for two days and I'm darned tired of doing it. I have shrubs, flowers and winter vegetable garden that they would just love to eat.

Better come get them, if they are yours. If I have to pen them tomorrow to keep them out of my garden, the cost to whomever claims them will be $1.00 per day per goat. If they have not been claimed within 30 days of Jan 2, I will assume they are abandoned and will sell to the highest bidder to recoup my expenses.

Whomever claims them after I pen them will have to show me rock-solid proof of ownership. If I'm not satisfied with the proof, the claimint will have to file suit against me and prove ownership in court. Best if you get them before I pen them.

1929 CR 302 in Lee County just north of Elgin.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I don't think they are mine, but I'd better look outside and see:p
Nope, all of them are out there hollering for breakfast! 28 degrees and crystal clear...a perfect day for using the trailer to go pick up a craigslist dog house for the baby goats...its going to be a luge track on our roads after all the rain we had before this freeze! Wish me luck!

·
Pook's Hollow
4,568 Posts
I was just poking around on Cafepress and saw a couple of cute T-shirts, reminded me of this post. Hoofprints across the front of the shirt, and the writing "Honey? The goats are out!" :rotfl: The other one had upside-down writing and it said "If you can read this, put me back on my feet and help me catch my goats!" :dance:

·
In Remembrance
28,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LOL, not my goats either. Mine are out in the new paddock yelling for treats. They LOVE chicken feed. That is why they aren't sharing their paddock with any of the poultry. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts