Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Nancy according to Snopes there won't be a close encounter with Mars tomorrow night. In fact there is supposed to a lunar eclipse.

I was planning to stay up to see this. But according to what I read on snopes the next time Mars will appear closer to earth is in December. Then it will not appear as large as the moon.

I copied this off the Nasa sight...Earth and Mars are converging for a close encounter in December 2007. NASA is taking advantage by launching a new mission to Mars--the Phoenix Lander. Phoenix will touch down on an arctic plain where it can dig into the ground and investigate layers of soil and ice, searching for, among other things, a habitable zone for primitive microbes. The launch window opens on August 3rd, so by the time the Perseids arrive Phoenix may be hurtling toward the Red Planet. Landing: late Spring 2008

sgg-Jan

·
Semper Fidelis
4,609 Posts
Yippie - I get to see the total lunar eclipse at 1:30 a.m. (P.D.T.) Pacific Daylight Time out here on the edge of the West Coast!!!!!

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
That "Mars will look like another moon in the sky" thing is pure email hoax.

It's amazing how these things take on a life of their own, though -- I've heard this from a dozen different sources over the past couple of weeks :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.