Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ruby has twins. Lilly has single

• Lilly has twins. Ruby has single

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay since I really have no idea if the donkeys are bred, I thought it'd be fun to see who can guess right! I'll post some recent pics if the donkeys, and you guys can take a guess!
Well I guess those pics aren't gonna do much. Unless you guys know which is which lol! Umm, man, they both look so similar!
Ruby has the overgrown hind hoof, she has a thicker dorsal stripe down her shoulder, and her head is bigger. Other than that they look the same 馃槀

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I updated my other thread, and totally forgot about this one! Sorry!
Turns out neither of them are bred :( Pretty bummed about that, and now I have to figure out what I want to do. I could:
1) try breeding them again with a friends jack
2) buy another jack and breed them
or 3) sell the girls and buy a horse.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I think I might. If I do end up going that way, I'm gonna have to get 2 horses so they can keep each other company, and dad isn't gonna be happy about getting one. So I don't know what I'm gonna do!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah it is. But I can't keep just one by itself! Imo, that's kinda evil. So I would need two so they could be companions. Or a horse and another donkey or something like that.

Registered
Yeah it is. But I can't keep just one by itself! Imo, that's kinda evil. So I would need two so they could be companions. Or a horse and another donkey or something like that.
Evil, really?
What is evil is demanding your Daddy pay to feed TWO of your horsies, because one isn't enough for you. Horses are expensive to maintain, again, getting two is really pushing your luck. "It needs company" is a really poor excuse.

Think this through.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have thought this through. And I do think it is evil. Who are we to take a horse away from it's companions when it is a social animal??
And no. My "daddy" would not need to pay for both of them. The only thing he would need to do is allow me to feed them the hay. That we grow. That I help with all year.
I pail the fertilizer into the fertilizer spreader.
I check on the hay almost every day.
I am there every time dad cuts the hay and I help replace every single tooth in the mower.
I rake the hay every single time it needs to be even though I hate driving the tractor. I do it anyways.
I am there while dad bales the hay. I am the one that gets out of the tractor to cut the hay out of the baler. I am the one that unrolls them to rebale.
I am the one that helps get the bales off the field.
I am the one that was up until 2 in the morning on Friday night so we could get the silage in and then still woke up at 5 for work.
So no, he wouldn't need to pay for them. I would need hay that as you can see, I already help with!
And then I would be paying for everything else! I already pay for everything for my donkeys. Farrier. Vet. Treats. Grooming kits. Halters. Leads.
I have paid for the farrier every time and I went with the more expensive farrier cause he was doing it the way I wanted. I paid for the fecals and the dewormer for the donkeys. I paid for the ultrasounds. And yes. Dad had to drive me in to the appointment, but I don't even have my L so I couldn't have!
Sorry if that all sounds rude. But I don't think it is unfair if I am going to pay for everything. Sorry if that was mean, I realize I didn't specify who would be paying for what.

Registered
My position remains the same. You have already mentioned your Dad isn't a fan of you having a horse (and plural at that!). It's his property, his hay, and helping out around the place doesn't entitle you to do whatever you want to with his hay or his land. Kind of childish if you ask me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do realize that. Which is why I said it would be a problem in the first place. And he doesn't want me to have a horse because he doesn't see the benefit of having one, or why I would want one. He thinks they are all evil. It's not because I am irresponsible.
And I do acknowledge that it is his property and his land. And I'm not going to do anything without his permission. I am going to discuss it with him and we will talk about and see if it is a possibility.
But until then, I need to decide what I'm going to do with the donkeys! Cause if I am going to breed them, then I need to do it now while they're in heat. If I'm going to sell them, I need to do it now while the market is up and people are actually looking for animals!
I won't buy a horse until later. After dad and I have discussed it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts