Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have 3 sows I had a boar with for 2 months. Several breedings witnessed, one atleast on each sow. I have two white (one with ear tag) and one black. The first breeding was white sow with ear tag, her first possible due date is June 24....the other white one was bred between March 5-12 and the black one has a witnessed breeding on March 8th. I am going to post pictures in a minute. They look pregnant to me, but again maybe they are just getting chubby. Thanks for any advice or help!

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was wondering the same thing with mine. I keep my gilts and big black boar on five acres. They are always together. I have an area fenced off for when she farrow. But her teets are getting longer and her clitoris hood def points up. I know they've been mounted and I watched them go into standing heat.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Can't tell much by those photos. If you get a closer photo of the rear end and the underline it might show some signs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had a friend out yesterday. Raised pigs a while ago. We could see this wave/ripple of movement on the sides and underbellies of the sows. He said it looks like piglets moving. Could this be the case?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts