Are mini rexs and dwarf rexs the same??

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by GoldenWood Farm, Dec 12, 2003.

1. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

I have a mini/dwarf rex doe and I was wondering if mini rexs and dwarfs rexs are the same breed?? Also how can you tell the difference between a Holland Lop and a Mini Lop??

MotherClucker

2. GoldenWood Farm

3. GoldenWood Farm

Yes this may be a dumb question but I would like to know that answers to my question if anybody knows, I also know that they are not questions pertaining to raising rabbits for profits either but this is the only rabbit place I know of.

MotherClucker

4. Tracy

Tracy Well-Known Member

I think no one has answered your question because this is more geared towards meat rabbits like Californians and New Zealands. Do a google search on the different breeds and you should come up with your answers. Wish I could have been more help but I do not mess with smaller breed rabbits. I am looking for the best growth rates in the shortest period of time and drawf breeds wont cut it. I do think that holland lops are the smaller of the two then it is mini lops but not for sure.

5. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

Holands have a flatter face than mini's. I don't have my standard to compare in from of me. I did minis for a few years. I currently have mini rex. They are not the same. Unless you have pedigrees on these rabbits, i doubt they are PB.
    Roo

6. GoldenWood Farm

So rooman you are saying that dwarf rex and mini rexs are not the same breed? I have I believe a holland lop buck and a mini lop buck. I cannot tell the difference between the two. No they don't have a pedegree or anything. I know tracy that this place is more geared toward meat rabbits but me knowing nothin about rabbits could only find this place to ask.

MotherClucker

7. Reauxman

Reauxman Well-Known Member

No, there is only a mini rex. Go to www.arba.net and click on breed photos and look at the difference. IOf I could only find my standard, it's probably in my grooming table...
    Roo