Are any of you movie picker aparts

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by FarmboyBill, Dec 23, 2006.

1. FarmboyBill

FarmboyBill Well-Known Member Supporter

Whats the worst thing youve seen wrong in a movie

2. Bink

Bink Well-Known Member

In the movie "Small Sacrifices" where Ryan O'Neil burned rubber out of Farrah Fawcett's driveway, yelling "I don't want any kids!" Well, we burst out laughing, though it wasn't supposed to be humorous. Sometimes we quote it and make peeling-out noises. Oh, well.

3. Alice In TX/MO

Alice In TX/MO More dharma, less drama. Supporter

The whole, complete movie, "Soap Dish." Ewwww.

4. Deenie

Deenie Active Member

Both the "Jackass" movies 1 and 2

disturbing...

<shiver>

5. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member Supporter

I just hate it when the sound is bad. No matter how good the movie is, bad sound just ruins it. You know the movies where it is difficult to figure out what they are saying (especially with accents) or the sound changes so drastically from soft to loud for no apparent reason, etc.

6. RoseGarden

RoseGarden Well-Known Member

Kevin Costner was in a movie, can't even recall which one, but his accent kept changing. It was very distracting.

The last 3 Star Wars movies--there was so much crap going on in the background, all the flying cars and space ships and buildings and people and etc etc etc--- it was a severe case of computer animation overkill that distracted from the movies, whose dialogue was just awful. Poorly written, badly acted.

7. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

Loved the movie, but machine gun bullets killing soldiers 3 feet under water in Saving Private Ryan.

8. tinknal

tinknal Well-Known Member Supporter

That and cowboys with 39 shot revolvers...............

9. Jaclynne

Jaclynne Well-Known Member Supporter

Or when the good guy runs from the building dodging bullets, gets into his car as the bullets keep flying. Then he is fatally shot. Just before dying he opens the car door to fall out on the pavement and we see that he has apparantly changed shirts during the gunfire. Wish I could remember the name of that movie - not that I'd watch it again.

Halo

10. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

Any movie that's supposed to be historically accurate and it's not!! DH doesn't watch movies set in medieval times with me because I'm always telling him what's wrong...
    There was a sword and sandal flick many moons ago where one of the extras that was "killed" was wearing sneakers and this was in Biblical times. :grump:

11. DrippingSprings

DrippingSprings In Remembrance

Silencers on revolvers
    Everyone always getting shot ONLY in the shoulder in old westerns
    Missing a man with a rifle in said movies from two hundred yards but getting shot himself by a man using a revolver which in its time wouldnt travel two hundred yards much less kill someone at that distance.

12. bugstabber

bugstabber Chief cook & weed puller Supporter

I went to see the movie Godzilla with a friend a few years ago. (the one with Matthew Broderick) At one point they were tracking Godzilla with a GPS on a monitor, watching the little dot move through the streets. I said that they can't do that, GPS doesn't work that way. They would have had to place a receiver or something on him to be able to track him. My friend told me that it was just a movie.

13. suburbanite

suburbanite Well-Known Member

N. Calif./was USDA 9b before global warming
    Sound traveling in a vacuum in --your choice of any space opera other than "2001 a Space Odyssey", which got it right.

14. ladycat

ladycat Chicken Mafioso Staff Member

LOL I notice all those wrong things in medieval settings, too.

Medieval is my specialty, but I notice a lot of wrong things in many historical movies, like breeds of livestock that didn't exist then. There were NOT any production red chickens in the 1800's, but seems like at least half the movies that have a setting in that century have some running around in someone's yard.

There also were not any white chickens running loose around a cabin in the back woods. The common variety was a small brownish gamey breed. Anything else got eaten by predators.

Oh, and farm animals were very rarely penned. They had to find their own food. There weren't any scientically formulated feeds back then. Yet you often see pigs, chickens, etc in nice, neat pens in those western movies.

15. Spinner

Spinner Well-Known Member

For me it's clothing in the mid 1800's. After being a reenactor for a few years I pick the styles apart.

Also shadows of planes (or cars/telephone poles/etc. in the distant background) totally kills the movie.

16. Deenie

Deenie Active Member

It will take aalllll night to pick apart these 2 movies...

"CHOPPER CHICKS IN ZOMBIE TOWN"

and

"I DISMEMBER MAMA"

A couple of reeeel good flicks there.... :help:

17. FarmboyBill

FarmboyBill Well-Known Member Supporter

If it was about a girl whose family came in to a region as pioneers, and her dad died, and the girl took over, raised her two younger brothers. The farm prospered, and during her later years was one of the biggest ? finest? farms in the neighborhood. Anyway, you see them bailing hay and putting it in a grain wagon. Now, if they already had the running gear for the grain wagon, it would have been simple to take off the box and build a hay rack on the running gear. Oh well. I was at the hotel where they made part of paper moon. My X#2 worked there in a room rented by 2 guys trying to get another radio business in St Joe. I heard the producers talking about taking the largerst Farmall tractor that they made in the 1920s and having it pull a dump rake down the road for Tatum and Ryan to come onto chased by the cops. I said that I was a farmer, and I knew that that would never happen. What they had to have was somthing wide they said. I said I had a disc that ran out around 22ft wide. They said that was great and they would use it. I said if they used it, I wanted to be the driver, and use my own tractor in it. They said ok, and I got paid $100 for it.

18. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm usually not picky and can blow it off as "its just a movie", but one movie really got to me. I believe it was City Slickers. They are on a cattle drive and a hereford cow goes into labour. The cow looks perfectly healthy and the calf isn't malpresented at all, but the cowboy tells the city slicker that the calf is in there waiting for him to help it be born. The cow is NOT pushing. The city slicker reaches into what is OBVIOUSLY not a cow, and pulls out a JERSEY calf. Which promptly gets up and walks without any wobbles. The cowboy then pulls out his gun and shoots the seemingly perfectly healthy hereford cow and says she wouldn't have made it. So we have a seasoned cowboy telling us that the calf is in there waiting for help to be born, the calf then comes out easily, its a pure Jersey calf out of a hereford cow, the calf then gets up and walks and the cowboy shoots a healthy cow. I just couldn't quit laughing. Couldn't they do the tiniest bit of reasearch????

19. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Not sure what movie that was, but it wasn't Sarah Plain and Tall.

20. Deenie

Deenie Active Member

The movie "Barnyard"!

Could have been a fun, upbeat animated show. But, I could not get past
    the fact that the illustraters put UDDERS on all the BULLS...or STEERS!
    ya know... the boys had UDDERS.

It's all over...