Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I would share some photos of the melodrama that unfolded on my window yesterday. I told my sister (who absolutely hates spiders) about it, and she made me remove it from the house, or she wouldn't ever visit me again. She really didn't like it when I told her that I had seen this spider before. (Click to see full size.)

·
Premium Member
16,016 Posts
I had a big hairy one living in my bathroom sink for a while until I got tired of the web.

G

·
The hunting types that don't build webs we ignore when they're in the house. It's only the web builders that we eliminate.

.....Alan.

·
Registered
507 Posts
The only ones I eliminate in the house are the ones that resemble Hobo spiders. They're poisonous and non-native anyway. They also have a more benign look alike cousin. Sorry, I'm not taking any chances.
They're the ones that will actually rush at you if you start to chase them. I've killed one in the garage that its legspan was as big as a teacup saucer and it was a female so it had a monstrous sized body too.
Special fun when they run across your bare feet.

DH hates the cellar spider (they're the ones that build the webs that end up as cobwebs) because of the webs.

Outside, all spiders get to live. They do me a big favor. I just wish they would stop making webs on my clothespins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts