Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted 4/3/21 1:27 AM CDST

The state mandated masking and other virus guidelines expire and will be individual business options as businesses and residents have tired of them and despite low vaccination levels, C18 cases are declining.

The majority of the vaccinations here according to an article in our paper are nursing home residents.

The few normal community younger folks I know who got it mainly complained that the muscle injection on their arm hurt for a few days, but one guy told me he never takes muscle injections told me when his wife pestered him to get the two shot dose , he convinced the nurse at the shot site to let him go behind a blind and drop his pants and drawers to plumber's butt half staff to inject him in his butt and he was only sore for an hour or so from each shot.

Already many businesses have let customers without masks enter, however many managers of businesses that followed the state mandate have told me that they plan to revert to the standard health regulations the state mandate overrode as their local governing bodies are following the state lead.

At the same time many small cities are considering drafting local ordinances with sizeable fines.

My neighbor asked me what my plans were and I told him since my blood tests show I have antibodies and don't travel anywhere a vaccination card is needed, I plan to do as I have for the past 13 months and just keep a triangle folded bandana in my pocket to use if I have to go to a vendor who still wants to force it and I have no alternative vendors to trade with and I figure our doctor's office will still require face coverings for looks.

The amusing part of my doctor's office is when they see you they have you unmask anyway and my last visit , I showed him where the blood lab next door to his office they use screened me twice since last August and verified I had immunity and reported to the CDC even though he only requested blood sugar, cholesterol and iron screenings.

My last visit he still pushed it at me and admitted after I reminded him I don't do flu or other corona family vaccines that C19 has acted similar to other C type flu like the various swine, bird and other RS viruses without vaccines I have survived.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Posted 4/3/21 1:27 AM CDST

The state mandated masking and other virus guidelines expire and will be individual business options as businesses and residents have tired of them and despite low vaccination levels, C18 cases are declining.

The majority of the vaccinations here according to an article in our paper are nursing home residents.

The few normal community younger folks I know who got it mainly complained that the muscle injection on their arm hurt for a few days, but one guy told me he never takes muscle injections told me when his wife pestered him to get the two shot dose , he convinced the nurse at the shot site to let him go behind a blind and drop his pants and drawers to plumber's butt half staff to inject him in his butt and he was only sore for an hour or so from each shot.

Already many businesses have let customers without masks enter, however many managers of businesses that followed the state mandate have told me that they plan to revert to the standard health regulations the state mandate overrode as their local governing bodies are following the state lead.

At the same time many small cities are considering drafting local ordinances with sizeable fines.

My neighbor asked me what my plans were and I told him since my blood tests show I have antibodies and don't travel anywhere a vaccination card is needed, I plan to do as I have for the past 13 months and just keep a triangle folded bandana in my pocket to use if I have to go to a vendor who still wants to force it and I have no alternative vendors to trade with and I figure our doctor's office will still require face coverings for looks.

The amusing part of my doctor's office is when they see you they have you unmask anyway and my last visit , I showed him where the blood lab next door to his office they use screened me twice since last August and verified I had immunity and reported to the CDC even though he only requested blood sugar, cholesterol and iron screenings.

My last visit he still pushed it at me and admitted after I reminded him I don't do flu or other corona family vaccines that C19 has acted similar to other C type flu like the various swine, bird and other RS viruses without vaccines I have survived.
All stores and business and Doc. office require a mask here. I wear one in town all the time as most everbody does. Our small town required mask in town from the beginning. Very people here have died form it. Both young and old have died from it the pass few months. Masks are not required here be state law. However in my county and towns all business require a mask. VA hospital has required mask from the beginning and also now. Most folks here have been getting the two shots for a month now. Just go and sign up and get the shot the same day with no waiting time. Small number of folks in this county.

·
Super Moderator
13,851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Posted 4/5/21 1:31 AM CDST

I find it interesting that this state while being 48 or 49 down the list of those vaccinated and less than 20% of the population buying into it ,the numbers are down lower than the usual yearly flu A and B hospitalizations and deaths.

The nurse who showed me that I have had immunity verified on my blood screen since this past November told me most patients at the office she works at also have C19 immunity and the places with the most numbers were only 2 counties and the rest of the counties in the state has had C19 numbers lower than the usual flu A and B as we show signs of already reached herd immunity.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts