April 15ths lovely weather.

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by alleyyooper, Apr 15, 2018 at 9:25 AM.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper keeper of the bees Staff Member Supporter

I am very happy to report we are not in Midland, Bay or Huron counties. This latest round of crappy spring weather hit those near by counties the hardest so far. Very icey roads so much so even churches have decided they would be streaching gods powers to protect and cancled services. Thousands with out power power lines brought down by the ice loads and tree limbs that couldn't take the ice loads.
    Not to mention areas that have recieved a foot of snow so far.

Kare and I went out to take advantage of a Satuday only sale yesterday it was raining here. We were home by 10:00 AM. Went out to feed and play with the dogs a bit and we had a inch of rain in the gauge then. About 10 minutes of sleet at3:30 PM and snow after that.

Spring has been cancled inter family squable between father time and Mother Nature.
    Summer maybe held up also.

I would not mind so much if the snow was steady with no mud over that time period.

Our brunch has been cancled till next Sunday, we keep our same partners till then.

:D Al

2. Riverdale

Riverdale Well-Known Member

My old stomping grounds (Boyne City) got 17" yesterday. Here on the Gratiot/ Montcalm county line we have about an inch of snow with 1/2" of ice over it........

3. RonM

RonM Well-Known Member

We in Delaware had 83 on Fri & Sat, beautiful days, now it's raining aand 46..on Sun, rain tomorrow

Forcast likes this.
  4. alleyyooper

More rain in our forecast Monday. Kare has a doctors appointment and I have to deliver a 3d quart of honey to our tax guy. told Kare he wanted 2 or 3 quarts when we dropped the paper work off and no discount. so this year I didn't ask for a senior discount and didn't give a discount on the honey.

Yes N.W. Michigan extended the ski season and snowmobiling

5. JJ Grandits

JJ Grandits Well-Known Member

6. Micheal

Micheal Well-Known Member Supporter

Not sure I want to say "global warming", but sure do believe in that the climate is a-changin'. :eek:
    Yesterday had to beat on the outside door just to get the door to open - got bout 1/8th inch covering of ice. Then one step out the door and decided I didn't want nor need to take a second step out there......
    Lots of WIND and rain showers for today changing to snow later tonight, highs in the low 30's....
    And Spring is ????? - somewhere I guess.

7. alleyyooper

Yes it is global warming, Only reason I believe that name was chosen is because thre poles both north and south are melting.

What ever you want to call it weather partterns have changed and there is severe weather events.

Hurricanes, droughts tornados all a part of the mess.

Breaking news event.

Father time has announced he wants to end winter and have a real spring. BUT mother nature is going thru the throes of premedpaus and is a miserable B**** to live with.

Is snowing here again as I type this up, WE DON'T NEED THIS. Have already set a new record snow fall amout for thr winter of 2017/2018 at 84+ inches.

8. hiddensprings

hiddensprings Well-Known Member

Mother Nature is simply off her meds. She’s a tad crazy this year