apricots

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Tabitha, Jun 2, 2006.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha greenheart

has anybody ever actually seen an apricot on one of those manchurian bush apricots? can I raise Apricots in Ky? anybody have any luck? All I hear is that you can not grow fruit in Ky.

2. babygoats!

babygoats! Well-Known Member

I've had two manchurian bush apricots for the last nine years. They've never bloomed or given me any fruit.....I don't know what the problem is.

3. Argent Farms

Argent Farms Pig farmer

I had an apricot tree at my old place in Wisconsin and we would get bushels of them! If I can grow them here I know you can grow them in Kentucky!

4. katydidagain

katydidagain Adventuress--Definition 2 Supporter

5. luvrulz

luvrulz Well-Known Member Supporter

I am s central Ky and have 2 apricot trees, dwarfs. They're not big enough to produce yet, but I hope soon! My peach, plum, nectarine and apple trees are loaded with fruit for them being young trees!

Who said fruit won't grow in Ky? I have 800 blueberry bushes in the ground and thank you very much, they're loaded too! Whoever started that rumor wasn't informed! :p

6. ajaxlucy

ajaxlucy Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a manchurian bush apricot to provide some shade near my chicken run. It usually is covered with flowers in the spring, but I've never had any fruit. Maybe I should have planted two?

7. katydidagain

katydidagain Adventuress--Definition 2 Supporter

Manchurians and maybe all apricots have a habit of blooming early; a cold snap or windy conditions end the fruit opportunity. I only have one "bush".