Apple Cider Vinegar

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Jeffery8mm, May 23, 2006.

1. Jeffery8mm

Jeffery8mm Well-Known Member

I have heard people refer to this in a feeding program for rabbits. Is it beneficial and how do you give it? Feed or water and how much??

Thanks
    Jeff

2. Lynnette

Lynnette Michigan Hobby Farmer

I use it as a natural wormer as I do not like medicating anything that will be on my dinner plate, regardless of wait times. People who show rabbits put it in the water to cover the sometimes undesirable taste of strange water, and some say it produces larger litters, I can't attest to that one.

I am not exact in the ratios, I poor a splash into each water bottle, but I have heard that 1 tblsp per gallon is a good rule of thumb.

3. Jeffery8mm

Jeffery8mm Well-Known Member

Thanks Lynnette!!

Jeff

4. dixonsrabbitry

dixonsrabbitry Well-Known Member

I add about a teaspoon of it to a gallon of water. Then give it my girls to put them "in the mood." I only use it to trigger them into breeding. It works.

5. twohunnyz

twohunnyz Pacific Northwest

We add 1 tsp. to each of our 32 oz water bottles every time we fill them, not just certain times. Or you can do 1 Tbsp. per gallon. Just watch to make sure all your rabbits are drinking their water. We have one Doe that doesn't like a concentration any stronger than 1 tsp. per 32 oz.

I have also heard that it helps with moulting, plus the breeding and taste reasons already mentioned. It is so good for people, it must be good for animals in ways we don't even know yet!