Apology

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by pcdreams, May 26, 2006.

1. pcdreams

pcdreams Well-Known Member

I wanted to take a moment to apologize to everyone here.. I have become very very emotional over the budget topic.. I realize this is no excuse for some of the things I have said.. I have made some very sweeping generalities and some pretty vicious rebuttals.. I'm sorry...

I tend to be very emotional when it comes to things that are close to me and effect me.. I think we all do..

In way of explaining let me just say that I've been looking for IT work for a long time (5-6 years.. even before I obtained my degree). Our job market has been gridlocked for a long time here. I'm not sure the reasons.. I do believe that it has a lot to do with overpopulation here as well as low turnover.. Again I realize this is no excuse for my outburst here.. But I'm sure you can all understand the frustration that this would lead to..

MorrisonCorners: I guess that I'm still angry about our disagreement a few months back about the whole septic issues.. I do have the bad habit of holding grudges.. I'm sorry.. I'm working on that.

The truth is these view I share with my family and friends (you guys here) and no one else.. I think its easy to share online a bit more because its anonymous.. If any of you were to meet me in person you would (I think) find me to be a sensible and a bit shy.

I'm not saying this to try to suck up to anyone. Nor am I asking MC to either recommend me or even forgive me... I just want to clear the air.

I realize now, looking back at this thread that it doesn't capture the true essence of what this board is about.. Homesteading and the freedoms to persue it.. That is why I have ask Chuck to remove the thread...

Once again Apologies to everyone.. I'm still working on it

2. momlaffsalot

momlaffsalot Well-Known Member

Wow-that takes character! Good post...

3. GranmaKay

GranmaKay Active Member

I agree it was a good post. Sometimes after we reflect about what we said or wrote we have second thoughts about how we expressed ourselves. I know I do and I can get worked up about topics also. The one thing about this method of communication is; that once the enter key is tapped the whole world gets to read our communication. Even with editing and explaining the adjusted version never has the impact of the first message.

I hope you find work in your chosen field and find happiness where-ever you go

Peace :angel:

4. MELOC

MELOC Master Of My Domain

and then you have the folks who must quote what you have said in their replies, sometimes very quickly, and do not give the chance for editting, lol.

many of us have aquired lots of character over the years, lol. (where is the smiley with his hand in the air)

5. Tracy Rimmer

Tracy Rimmer CF, Classroom & Books Mod Supporter

I suffer from a nasty temper (redhead) and the ability to hold a grudge (Dad says it comes from my mother's Irish background ;) ) More than once I have written a BITING rebuttal, only to read it over and say, "Nope, can't send that!" Don't feel bad, PC, you're among friends..

Tracy

6. albionjessica

albionjessica Hiccoughs after eating

It happens. Sometimes I forget that some people on here take everything that is written very seriously. It's hard to not let your emotions dictate diatribe after diatribe on boards like this, because you aren't face to face with everyone. Then again, it's better to learn how to deal with akward social situations on a board like this than in person.

I, too, have been known to hold grudges. The only difference is that I do not see people on here as actual people a lot of the time. I see characters acting out the same old scenes, and I know I am guilty of assaulting the characters and forgetting there are people behind them. I just can't hold a grudge against someone on here for the same reason.

When I post an angry reply or a bitter comment, you can be sure that 10 seconds later I have already put my feelings aside and am moving on to the next thing that interests me. Sometimes I regret things I have wrote, and I'll apologize if it makes a difference. It's good to get a reminder every now and then that not everyone handles things as I do. Brings me back down to earth.

7. turtlehead

turtlehead Well-Known Member

I agree - good post. It's easy to hide behind the computer screen and takes guts to step up and say "I can do better." You're all right.

8. Brighid1971

Brighid1971 Well-Known Member

Even though I didn't post on that subject, things happen...you've apologized, and just leave it at that :) It takes a bigger person to admit when they've made a "boo-boo" and I admire you for that :goodjob:

9. jnap31

jnap31 garden guy

I think you dont have any reason to apologize for expressing your feelings, I can empathize with you and understand why you may feel the way you do after all you have been thu with your work history.

10. Qwispea

Qwispea Well-Known Member

pcdream..

..I responded to your post over in the other thread..and just as I stated in my reply there..I'll say the same thing here. It takes a fair amount of courage to stand up and admit shortcomings like you did.
    I admire that. You've gained a tremendous amount of my respect by standing up like that..and from the looks of most of the replies you're receiving here from others
    ..you've also gained a tremendous amount of respect from a whole lot of fellow homesteaders.
    Please keep your you chin up pcdream..and try not to hold a grudge against MC or anyone else. Try to keep in mind that just as you might make mistakes here on this forum..so does nearly everybody else! When we allow ourselves to acknowledge and admit our own shortcomings..we are more likely to forgive the shortcomings of our fellow homesteaders.

Take notice if you can..regarding employers..it appears that MC may possess a good amount of wisdom..and maturity. The advice that was provided to you is actually very valuable..and if you take the time to discern its value..you might come to appreciate constructive criticism when it is directed your way. Beside..I highly doubt MC is the type who would waste precious time just for the sake of arguing.
    And please do not let anybody push you to a long-standing feud with MC. When somebody runs interference between you two..try to just move on.
    Again..best wishes..and a Hearty Congratulations on your recent college graduation.!!!..