Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember I was looking for a totally non-religious reading for my daughter to read at a friend's wedding. Someone on ht suggested the Apache wedding blessing and I decided to try it out. I printed it out without the title and thought that if I showed it to the clerk to the court, and she ok'd it then we were in the clear. I figured that she can't be expected to know EVERY reading from every religion or culture right ? :rolleyes:

So I took it to show her. She read the first two lines and said "oh is this the Apache wedding prayer?" I said "well, I was given it as a blessing but yes, that is it - I can't find any references to anything religious in there though" - holds breath!

The clerk thought for a minute and then said "well I was going to read this at a Catholic wedding recently and they wouldn't let me read it because it wasn't religious so who am I to argue"

I nearly fell through the floor laughing - but we got to keep the reading LOL

thank you to whoever it was that suggested it - I can't find the original thread to find out who it was.

hoggie

·
..where do YOU look?
3,920 Posts
So what's the blessing!?!? You can't post this without the contents of the blessing!!!!

By the by, why did you need a reading that was non-religious?

·
Premium Member
5,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks WIHH - I couldn't for the life of me remember what I had called the thread :rolleyes:

Thank you Hears the Water for the reading - they loved it.

hoggie

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
You're welcome Hoggie, I am glad that they liked it. It was our nod to our Native American Heritage in my and John's wedding.
God bless you and yours
Deb

1 - 4 of 4 Posts