anyone with multiple sclerosis

Discussion in 'Alternative Health' started by petefarms, Nov 5, 2006.

1. petefarms

petefarms Well-Known Member

My wife has ms and is going with the traditional doctors and treatments, some with good results and some of the medicines she is unable to tolerate. Any types of alternative medicines, info on them might be helpful, like acupuncture. thanks.

2. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but make sure she's not injesting anything with artificial sweeteners. I've read many places that they can cause symptoms that mimic MS. So, if she's drinking any diet pop, have her stop that and see if she improves at all.

Here's hoping that's all it is.

3. Tricky Grama

Tricky Grama Well-Known Member

I don't have MS but I'm retired from a company that makes the first interferon therapy for MS and have a lot of MS friends. My heart goes out to all who have the disease.

Patty

4. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

I watched a show about a very strange but effective method in China.

They do acupuncture on the joints using beestings. I wouldn't do this if she's allergic to beestings though, they use ALOT of venom in these treatments.

I saw the doctor who started it, his wife was disabled before and couldn't move. With the beesting therapy, she was able to get up and start cooking, enjoying life again. Pretty amazing stuff.

Here is a link about it if you want to read.

http://www.angelfire.com/va/honeybeeangel/index.html

Kat

5. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Different things will help different patients. MANY people swear by bee stings, but they did not help me.

What DID help was L-carnitine. I took 1000 mg twice a day, and in 36 hours I thought "My, I feel good!" And, I CONTINUED to feel good until I switched to acetyl L-carnitine, which was supposed to be better.

It wasn't, at least not for me. I expect it DID help other folks, as there are studies that say it is great stuff for MS sufferers. Oh, well!

I went back to L-carnitine, and AGAIN in 36 yours I had much more energy! I eventually cut it back to 1500 with the same good results, but if I went lower it did not work as well. It was wonderfull.

This continued until my meds were changed, and now I take a smaller dose. I have more energy with the new meds, so the L-carnitine seems to have less effect.

I buy it at Price Chopper grocery, it is in with the vitamins.

And, yes, the interferon is worth the pain of the shots. It DOES help! Tricky Grama, thank you for your work!