anyone use a tree lounge tree stand?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by ponyexpress, Oct 2, 2004.

1. ponyexpress

ponyexpress Well-Known Member

We got the video and were impressed. Miss Margaret is my hero! Oh, to be able to shoot like that! I don't think I want to climb 40 feet high, but this stand has been added to our self sufficiency list!

2. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

I haven't used one.My BIL has one but I don't think he is as happy with his as he thought he would be.

I like a Lock on type Stand with Ladder.

big rockpile

3. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

I have one and I do not like it! It does not climb as well as the buckshot and I find it awkward to turn around once you get to the height. If you get tangled in the seat material when changing directions it could be very dangerous IMO.

4. ponyexpress

ponyexpress Well-Known Member

Thanks for your replies. I didn't think it would be as easy to use as the video implied.
    What brand of climbing stand do you think is the best?

5. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Look closely at the design of the Magnum stand at this site
    http://www.buckshot-stands.com/ I like everything about this stand except the weight and the price. This same company makes a stand called the bigshot and I have one and it definitely meets my needs. It is comfortable, I feel safe in it and it works nicely. The back rest is a plus and you can use it for a shooting platform. I hunt in relatively open areas an I need to make long shots and the stability of the buckshot stand and the ability to get into a good shooting position make the stand a better choice IMO. I have ceased to use the tree lounge