Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got the video and were impressed. Miss Margaret is my hero! Oh, to be able to shoot like that! I don't think I want to climb 40 feet high, but this stand has been added to our self sufficiency list!

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
I haven't used one.My BIL has one but I don't think he is as happy with his as he thought he would be.

I like a Lock on type Stand with Ladder.

big rockpile

·
agmantoo
10,852 Posts
I have one and I do not like it! It does not climb as well as the buckshot and I find it awkward to turn around once you get to the height. If you get tangled in the seat material when changing directions it could be very dangerous IMO.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. I didn't think it would be as easy to use as the video implied.
What brand of climbing stand do you think is the best?

·
agmantoo
10,852 Posts
Look closely at the design of the Magnum stand at this site
http://www.buckshot-stands.com/ I like everything about this stand except the weight and the price. This same company makes a stand called the bigshot and I have one and it definitely meets my needs. It is comfortable, I feel safe in it and it works nicely. The back rest is a plus and you can use it for a shooting platform. I hunt in relatively open areas an I need to make long shots and the stability of the buckshot stand and the ability to get into a good shooting position make the stand a better choice IMO. I have ceased to use the tree lounge

1 - 5 of 5 Posts