Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today DD had her first day of school. I am still getting use to the idea of school starting in August rather than Sept.
Our summer went by so fast, and since most of it seemed to be in the hospital, doctor visits and therapies it felt like we didn't have much of a summer.

But I noticed that today went by so fast!!! Wasn't much time in the day.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
How did she enjoy it? :)
My teenager goes back in 2 weeks. He is ready he said, misses his friends and pizza for lunch I suspect. Mean ol' mom makes him eats salads and the like. LOL
God Bless,
Michele

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
She had a good day. She'll actually miss wednesday and thursday though. She gets casted for new leg braces.
I think she likes the routine of things, and being around the other kids. There is a new little girl in her class that likes to blow her kisses. Way too cute!!

·
Registered
4,534 Posts
Sept 5th is when my girls start.. I need to get backpacks, a lunch box.. some supplies.. and my girls need shoes..They can still wear summer clothes when they go back for a little while anyways.

DD6 is excited about 1st grade.. DD16 isn't as excited.. but her schedule is going to be very busy. she has all advanced classes, and Marching band.. I can't believe next year my daughter will be a senior.. :Bawling:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm starting my home schooled high schoolers this Friday, the rest of the kids the following week. I'm having a baby in September, so we plan on taking a week off then.

·
Big Front Porch advocate
44,851 Posts
The county schools here started last Thursday, the smaller country schools in another county started today, the smaller city starts tomorrow, and the main city starts on the 8th.

But then the breaks are like two and three weeks spaced throughout the year.

Angie

R

·
0 Posts
The little school in our home town starts this Wednesday and the school over in the next town where my kids attend start the 15th.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
We started back to homeschooling last week. We started early because they are going to camp next week for an entire week and then we are going on vacation for 2 weeks in September.

·
Icelandic Sheep
3,348 Posts
Wow! Already?

We homeschool and I always start on Sept. 1st. It seems just... wrong to start in August to me, but I keep a strange school schedule. We school year round, but take off all of December, April, and August. I count Sept. 1st as the beginning of our new school year. I may have to rethink that, though. Summer is really busy now that we have our little farm...

:) RedTartan

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
In GA the kids started already July 29th I think? It was super early. When I was in high school, they switched the schedule around. Kids only get 7 weeks of summer now.

The kids start school here in Finland next week or the week after.

Kat

·
Premium Member
2,585 Posts
We started in July and like to stop in early May but since we home educate it's our choice.
The public school children here begin on Wednesday. I feel sorry for them as many have to ride the busses for an hour with no A/C and it's supposed to be near 100 all week. Not so bad in the morning, but in the afternoon after the busses have been in the hot sun it will be difficult.

Dawn

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
largentdepoche said:
In GA the kids started already July 29th I think? It was super early.
Not all places; I have a relative that started today (high school student) in Georgia.

We start in a couple of weeks - right now we're doing band camp!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts