Anyone see this video? makes me sick!!

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by Becca65, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Becca65

Becca65 Well-Known Member

2. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

I read the article, I didn't want to watch the video. I can't believe how mean some children are. I hope they get the book thrown at them in court. :nono:

3. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

That's terrible. :(

4. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Happened in my neighborhood,only teen boys.Started in my driveway,I broke it up.Then a couple started dancing around me with punches by my face,but they didnt touch me.Sheriff shows a good hour later after we called and wasnt too concerned.Told me I could be in trouble if I touched THEM!!!

Told him what should I do,watch em kick someone into brain damage?Then we get the 'why didnt anyone do anything lines' you see too often on TV.

Told him sorry,thats not happening if I can prevent it.

We talked quite a while.He also shook my hand when he left.

Kids were PUKES,let me tell you.They also stopped hanging around this part of our neighborhood.

BooBoo

5. Xandras_Zoo

Xandras_Zoo Well-Known Member

I don't get it. Nothing remotely like that has ever happened at my school.

6. hillsidedigger

hillsidedigger Well-Known Member

The actions of those not of legal age should be overlooked.

No gratification is received without a threat of punishment.

7. largentdepoche

largentdepoche Well-Known Member

And for some dumb reason people would like to ban spanking as punishment for kids. Those kids should of been bent over many a knee, this probably wouldn't of happened then.

Ugh...no words for terrible things like that.

Kat

8. Nan

Nan Well-Known Member

To say that someone that is younger than 18...or whatever the legal age happens to be..isn't responsible for their actions...would not make sense. Those girls knew exactly what they were doing and weren't afraid of any retribution...they were just sick and plain mean! I think that the girls AND their parents ought to be arrested!

9. morrowsmowers

morrowsmowers Well-Known Member

That happened on an almost daily basis when I was in Philadelphia public schools. The boys would have a fight that would last for a few minutes and then just stop. The girls, however, would fight until they ripped out hair, pulled earrings out, and tore up each others clothes. And they would never forget -- it would get continued time and time again. Worst case I remember was a group of girls jumped another girl in the bathroom and stole her sweater -- she wasn't wearing a bra so she had to hide in the stall and wait for a teacher to come in to get her to go get her something to wear and some help -- nobody seemed to concerned that a girl had to wait topless in the bathroom.

I'm curious why at the end of that video it says the parents didn't wish to press charges??? Maybe they don't care little darling is getting beaten by her peers.

Yeah, watch all of those TV adds -- public education is really great -- I think not. More like juvenile prison.

Ken in Glassboro, NJ[​IMG]

10. Ardie/WI

Ardie/WI Well-Known Member Supporter

Young women can be vicious little things.

Fights like that happened in my youth. I never was in one but I was threatened. It's usually over a boy.

11. suzfromWi

suzfromWi Well-Known Member Supporter

Supposely this started over a boy and the internet. So ruthless it makes me sick. My DGD is 12 and not doing the boy thing yet, thank goodness! This doesnt happen in her school though. At least not yet. Those girls have led a permissive life or they wouldnt be doing that. JMO.

12. Queen Bee

Queen Bee Well-Known Member Supporter

I bet you my lunch money--their parents have no idea what they do on a reg. basis!!! They will have every toy in the world, the newest, most expensive clothes, their own tv, computer, cellphone, have peiceing, tats etc. but they have no parent supervision --period! I say--sue their parents and throw the book at the brats!!! Parents are not suppose to be a money tree or a friend--- My kids knew if they did something like this, they had he-- to pay. Sorry for my rant...Queen Bee

13. momlaffsalot

momlaffsalot Well-Known Member

When I was a kid, I went to a school where the majority of kids were black. Every freaking recess, those black girls would circle me and my blonde friend and shove us back and forth between them. They would pull our hair and hit us in the ribs. When I walked down the hall, they would line it and kick me as I passed. After school they would wait for me and threaten me, so I began staying late to help the teacher. On the last day of school they argued with each other who would be the one to kick my a--. The teacher took me home that day and told me not to let it cause me to become a racist, that not every black girl would treat me like that. I'm so glad she did that because later on a black girl became my best friend and I am not racist by any means, but I never, ever forgot the horror of what it felt like to have these girls surround me and kick and pull hair and taunt and call names. Horrible.
    If my kids were to ever treat someone like this, I daresay they wouldn't be able to sit for a good long time. Fortunately, I have raised my kids to be compassionate and caring people. Not everyone does though. If my daughter were the victim of this, I would take every legal step I could to see the prosecuted.

14. MarleneS

MarleneS Well-Known Member

The CBS evening news had an article on girls videoing girl fights and putting them on the internet. She mentioned that you could google girl fights and find numerous sites.

Marlene

15. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

These girls are wanting street credit, so sad. When I was a drug and alcohol abuse counselor MANY of my clients had already been to prison. MANY of them were gang members. I can think of one in particular that these little girls could benefit alot from meeting. They have no clue what kind of world it actually is, it just looks big and glamorous from the outside. They don't have a "normal" level of compassion, if it doesn't directly affect them they turn off any kind of emotional response. These kids have been conditioned that way, they will more than likely continue to live that way. Sad, but true. The trouble that they are getting in, will more than likely be something they carry like a badge of honor. It generally doesn't hit home with them until they get in their later years, realized that they spent thier whole life either running, drugging, or sitting in a cell. They have kids, but dont know where they are, and are starting to figure out that a 65 year old banger, doesn't carry the same clout. This is just my .02, from what I have seen, who know's these girls might all turn it around. :shrug:

16. Pony

Pony STILL not Alice Supporter

I could not even click on the link, knowing that it had girls bullying others on it.

When I was a kid, I was bullied when I switched schools in 8th grade. (Parents, if your kids are older than 6th grade, please do your best not to switch their schools until h.s.) BTW, this was a Catholic school... No one would do anything, and my parents were no help because I was also being bullied at home.

It is patently ridiculous to state that people who are under the age of majority should not be held accountable for their actions. A child of the age of 7 knows right from wrong; a child as young as 2 can have a rudimentary understanding of cause and effect (i.e. consequences for actions).

The gratification does not lie in the threat of punishment. This is about control and power, plain and simple. Frankly, far too many kids have no fear of retribution because they have no idea what it is. Why? Because they are not held accountable for their actions.

Pony!

17. PBPitcher

PBPitcher Well-Known Member

I had to click out of the video after watching just a little bit. Makes me sick to my stomach :Bawling: :flame:

18. Nan

Nan Well-Known Member

I remember what it was like in my Jr. High. Our highschool was fine...but in Jr. high we had some real bullies! Blessedly I was raised with all boys...and my brother taught me how to defend myself...or I can only imagine what would have happened to me!!! I was backed up against the building one time by this creep and the boy tried to force a cigerette in my mouth...well...my brother taught me a little something about knees....so that stopped that! Then the same dumb boy grabbed my breasts from the back out on recess...and I back kicked him...in the same place :rolleyes: ...and finally he got it through his THICK skull to leave me alone! (that and his newly found soprano voice :nono: ) I never thought to tell a teacher because even 27 years ago..they would do NOTHING! I had a girl in gym class that bullied absolutely everyone!!!! She was a LOT bigger than we were and had grown early! She yanked my gym shorts down in gym started shoving me and slapped me HARD in the face...and I had to defend myself then too! My gym teacher had stood by watching the whole thing and I stopped the fight after I realized I might be hurting her..she didn't have a chance to hit me back....and I stopped the fight...burst into tears because I HATED hurting the other girl....and the bully was sent to the principal's office for swats...I never was...and the teacher and some of the other girls that Pam(the bully) had beaten up! thanked me for taking care of the bully! YIKES! IF it was THAT bad back then....what must it be like now!!!!!?? I haven't had to defend myself like that again since Jr. High....but my big brother went to the same school 6 years before I did...and he knew...so he taught me a few things....SAD that you have to teach your child things to defend themselves...but I am afraid that it is going to get worse!!! I homeschooled my children...but I did make it a point to tell them what had happened to me in Jr. High...so that they would know WHAT to do if it did happen! Chances are my mother wouldn't have pressed charges either....but I WOULD! If anyone ever hurt my daughter or my sons in the same way that they used to mess with me......I would press charges!!! In a heartbeat! NO ONE should have to go through that! Where is the accountability!?

19. Kstornado11

Kstornado11 Well-Known Member Supporter

How sickening, but NOT surprising to me anymore. These kinds of things are becoming more & more common. People are just meaner than ever before, it seems.

20. jen74145

jen74145 Well-Known Member Supporter

EXACTLY.
    Alot of kids are so downright SELFISH the idea of causing pain does not even faze them. Makes me sick, and what on earth is going to happen when they become parents? *shudder*