Anyone raise spotted/paint nubians or kinders in or around MN?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by glidergurl03, Oct 3, 2005.

1. glidergurl03

glidergurl03 Well-Known Member

Just curious...*grins* Have a friend looking and I'm possibly looking for some leads also :)

2. Lazy Daze Farm

Lazy Daze Farm Active Member

Bilrite Farms raises Kinders. They have some Nubians too, but I'm not sure if they are paints or spotted- I think they prefer solids. I don't know their website address off hand, but am sure if you google the farm name it'll come up :) Very nice people!

Liz

3. AnnaS

AnnaS Well-Known Member

bilritefarms.com
    I'm pretty sure they're on this site too.

If you have a quarentine area, there's a big goat sale in Pierz on Friday 7 Oct. There's usually a *few* decent animals there.

Prices for milkers I pretty high right now. I had a goat buyer offer me $250-$350 a head for any extra does I had.

4. Trisha-MN

Trisha-MN www.BilriteFarms.com

We raise Kinders :) also a few Nubians but we don't specifically breed for color/spots.

Let me know if I can answer questions,

Trisha-MN

5. glidergurl03

glidergurl03 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I go to Pierz every year since they started...I think I"ve missed one, and that was cuz I was in Italy...*grins* LOL. I'll actually be selling at least one of my goats there, maybe a couple. Thanks for the head start...Spotted are my absolute favorite...Spotted ANYTHING...LOL. Well, not anything I guess, cuz I like Brown Swiss cattle...lol. Anyway, 2 contacts are better than none :) Maybe more will post...Like I said, I probably can't get any til I move out, cuz we're like at our goat limit...lol, but I will be looking you people up in the future deffinately :)

6. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

With Nubians, of course, you never really know what color you will get. The spotted doe may or may not throw spotted kids, and any color doe can have any color kid. That's part of what makes raising them so much fun. You never know what to expect.

7. tatanka

tatanka Well-Known Member

We are in NoDak and we raise mini nubians. Right now we have quite a few wildly spotted kids and does and hope to have some more in the spring.

Marla