Anyone planting yet?

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by whitewolf, Mar 1, 2004.

1. whitewolf

whitewolf Well-Known Member

Anybody planting anything yet. Got a couple of rows of Dakota green peas planted this weedend. Started 50 tomatoe seeds, 25 pepper plants, some herbs, and flowers in trays today. Gosh, I wish Spring would hurry up and get here!

Anybody else planted?

2. Cara

Cara Well-Known Member

I've only planted peas and they're already up! But now we're moving, so I'm not starting anything else out. No peas for us until fall I guess. Come on spring!

3. shepmom

shepmom Well-Known Member

I've had Spring fever this week, too.
    Started salad tomato seeds in tray. Been busy planning away and ordering heirloom seeds and trying some new stuff this year. More seeds will be coming in the next weeks and I'll get additional tomato(canning) seeds in trays, peppers and eggplant.

The temp turned 70 today! All the lingering snow melted away. :D

4. Ed in S. AL

Ed in S. AL Well-Known Member

I set out 24 tomato plants today. All of my taters are up about a foot high. My english peas are almost ready for their first picking. Got turnips running out my ears around here. Carrots are doing great. Have had collard, broccoli, and cabbage plants set out for a few weeks now. Planted spinch and chard last week. Going to see about getting a few rows of snap beans planted tomorrow and maybe a row or two of corn.

5. EricG

EricG Well-Known Member

There's one spot in our driveway where the snow and ice have melted enough to see gravel, does that count? We've bought our seeds, will be starting the tomatos before long!

Eric

6. Bluecreekrog

Bluecreekrog Well-Known Member

Planted peas and onions on Sunday. I was searching for seed potatos, but they aren,t available yet. I was able to finish tilling, figure I,m 6 weeks ahead of last year.
    Rog

7. Carol K

Carol K Well-Known Member

Eric, Snap!
    Our 2 feet of snow just had to 50* days and is now turning into raging white water rapids! so anything I planted would just wash away, so I decided to wait to May as per usual to plant.
    I"M JEALOUS. :haha:

Carol K

8. bergere

bergere Just living Life

Though it is almost warm enough in the Kitchen Garden, we have not planted anything out there. Well, unless you count the Leland cypress we are trying to propagate .

My Prized Artichoke plants died this winter, due to the unusal snow we had. So sadly have to start over with them this year. :(

But we do have in the Cold Frame, Pea start that are coming up strong, and should be ready to go out in a couple of weeks. Also Lettuce, Broccoli, and some flowers.

Will be starting some of the other Veggies in the next week or so.

9. LizinNH

LizinNH Well-Known Member

Well, here in NH we've had several days of 40 to 50 degrees. I had a severe attack of spring fever and I dug out my raised bed gardens. They were still under more than a foot of snow. In the house I have started tomatoes, peppers, eggplants,and several flowers. I have order/bought all but my seed potatoes. I can't wait till mud season is over and I can start playing in the dirt again. :cool:
    Liz in NH

10. southerngurl

southerngurl le person Supporter

This little bit of warm weather has got me all excited (52* at 11:00 am today). I have planted some tomatoes indoors (the free seeds from this forum). Bought some compost. I have been out making raised beds in my garden, can't wait for spring! Even got me outside running yesterday, been stuck inside so much this winter. My wild ducks (wood ducks and mandarins) have been checking out the nest boxes. I am going to have a good sized garden this year about 40' x 25'. Biggest one I have had.

11. jillianjiggs

jillianjiggs Well-Known Member

I've planted out a few asparagus, four tomatoes, and some herbs. It's warm enough, but we're still getting gusts up to 60 mph and heavy rains every few days. Luckily I've got them planted in a raised bed that can drain.