Anyone ordered from "Sportsman's Guide"?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by shelbynteg, Nov 29, 2004.

1. shelbynteg

shelbynteg Well-Known Member

I got a catalog and may be interested in ordering a couple of things, but wondered if anyone could tell me about the quality of their merchandise. Also, are their prices ok? Thanks for the feedback. They look to be our of St. Paul.

2. Old John

Old John Well-Known Member Supporter

Hi Shelby,

Yes, but, only ammo, a couple of times.
    I had good luck with it.
    I also got good service and prices on ammo & other things at
    "Cheaper'n Dirt". I had very good luck, even better with them.

3. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

Club member! Very pleased!

4. RedneckWoman

RedneckWoman Well-Known Member

I have ordered several things from them and have always been very pleased. I was a club member also for quite a while. The same company also puts out another catalog called HQ that has some great items really cheap.

5. longshadowfarms

longshadowfarms Well-Known Member

Have always been pleased with what we got from them but did find their shipping to be rather high. You really need to figure in the shipping when comparing to other companies. Some stuff is worth it, other stuff is not.

6. joan from zone six

joan from zone six Well-Known Member

dealt with them a long time - good about returns/refunds - watch out for military surplus items - sometimes junk -

7. OD

OD Well-Known Member

I ordered clothes a couple of times & they were very poor quality. A shirt that I ordered shrunk so badly that I couldn't wear it after the first wash. Their name-brand things are OK though. Got a good price on a pair of Midland 2-way radios.

8. shelbynteg

shelbynteg Well-Known Member

Thanks all, I'll go ahead and try them...s.

9. copperhead51

copperhead51 Well-Known Member

I am a big fan of their military surplus catalog. I have ordered from them a lot. I am very happy with them.

10. Quint

Quint Well-Known Member

Ordered from them for years with zero problems. I have spent a lot of money with Mr. Olen over the years. I buy a lot from Cheaper Than Dirt, Brigade Quartermaster, US Cavalry, Harbor Freight, Northern Tool Supply Cabelas and a many others. I would do all of my shopping via catalog and Internet if I could. I hate going to the store for the most part.

Yup, don't be afraid to plunk down your hard earned ducats with Gary Olen at The Sportsman's Guide. He is legit and good to do business with.

11. brosil

brosil Well-Known Member Supporter

The clothes I've gotten from them have been first rate. I don't remember buying anything else.

12. Mutti

Mutti Well-Known Member Supporter

We buy lots of stuff thru Sportsmans'Guide and never been dissatisfied... got my lovely 3 stainless steel pan set which is super quality thru them, always get our winter boots thru them, daughter buys her Doc Martens,son ammo. Joining the club pretty much saves you postage so worth it plus you get special catalogs. DEE