anyone know of a small hs in tennessee

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by JoyKelley, May 20, 2005.

1. JoyKelley

JoyKelley Well-Known Member

Eventually we will probably be moving to somewhere in the Sevier County TN area, or at least withing an hour of Knoxville, TN. Does anyone know what land values are doing, or possible know of a few acres with a modest house we can buy sooner and move to later?

2. amelia

amelia Well-Known Member

There is a post that came up today looking to sell a small place in TN.

3. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Hi Joy,
    I just purchased my land in Tennessee. You can find prices as low as $500 per acre but that will have been clear cut with a trail of destruction left throughout, no electric within 25 miles, and possibly more hilly than one might desire- a lot of that they list as hunting land. I paid $1500 per acre for my land in central Tennessee. It has 30 cleared acres in pasture, 20 wooded acres, two creeks, and natural springs. It already had a well and septic and fencing and most of it is level on a paved road where electric is on the road frontage. Not sure of other Tennesse areas but the competition is a little tight right now in vacant land. I tried unsuccessfully to buy other parcels which were less expensive (about $1250 for similar features). I ended up paying over asking price on this one because they immediately got a full price offer. I have met a few other people in my county right now that are either moving to Tennessee, buying land there for future use, or going to look at land up there in the next couple of weeks. Seems like the migration in Florida is currently incoming and outgoing :) Happy land hunting.

4. wayfarer

wayfarer Active Member

There is a house (but it's a large OLD farm house for sale for 45,000 with two nice flat acres...its in hancock county its an hour from Knoxville.