Anyone interested in moving to Michigan?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by michiganfarmer, Apr 19, 2006.

1. michiganfarmer

michiganfarmer Max Supporter

My brother and I own 80 acres, and we dont use very much of it. There is a 2-1/2 acre piece of land right next to us for sale with a nice house, garage, and a 40x60 pole barn. Id like to see someone wiht homesteading intentions buy it. My brother and I would be happy to let someone use part of our 80 in exchange for some occasional help with firewood, building repair, boiling maple syup.

2. cc-rider

cc-rider Baroness of TisaWee Farm Supporter

Do you know the asking price??

3. Dec429

Dec429 Well-Known Member

Where in Michigan? I have some friends and past co-workers that would possibly be interested if it's located close to them.

4. michiganfarmer

near traverse city. northwest lower peninsula

5. michiganfarmer

$130,000 I think. I try to find out

6. Pansies4me

Pansies4me Dreaming of autumn....

Hi! Is it a FSBO or do you have a link to the online listing? Do you know anything about the condition of the house, age, etc.? Can you be more specific re: location near TC/actual town?

Thanks!

7. michiganfarmer

Im sorry for taking so long to get back with this info. Ive been swamped with work. I talked to the owner last night. He was asking $130,000, but he and his wife just had a baby and now arent sure when they are going to sell, but they are going to sell eventually. The house was built in 1995, or close to it. It is 50 yards from my house. I watched him build it. It is about 30x40. It has 2x6 walls.It was stick built on site. It has a propane furnace. It is 3 miles south of Kingsley. About 20 miles south of Traverse City. The house is not listed anymore. If you want to talk to them call me at work, and I will give them your phone number. Call me toll free, 866-941-8003