Anyone interested in a Trade???

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by RedHogs, Aug 7, 2006.

1. RedHogs

RedHogs Well-Known Member

I have had just unbelieveable success with litters the last few weeks...but almost all gilts.... I have 14-16 breeding quailty duroc gilts all with quailty registered lines.... I will keep 8-10 back as replacements... but would like to get into another pruebred line. I would be willing to offer first choice of any of the late june or july gilts and i would keep the remaining gilts here. I would be willing to travel within reason.... I can email pics and reg papers of parents. In addition I have one boar left, and he is a good one.... He is not a left-over, his deal just didn't happen. Have state papers on recent Dept. of Ag inspections and will give stress neg., psr, and brus. health gaurentee.

Just a warning...I clip teeth, feed medicated suppliments, and vaccinate... and somehow manage to sleep at night..lol

2. Misty

Misty Misty Gonzales

where are you located?

3. Rockin'B

Rockin'B Well-Known Member

LOL! :goodjob:

4. John Schneider

John Schneider Well-Known Member

That's what makes such a wonderful world...so many different people and ideas and opinions. Glad you sleep well...I wouldn't, so I choose to do things differently. Good luck with your trade.

5. RedHogs

I'm in Middle tennessee

6. RedHogs

I was not sending an attack to any organic farmers here, on the contrary... a true organic farmer works much harder than i will for a the same # of pounds of product... I was just trying to avoid an unpleasant situatuion where people express disapproval of my ways.... I have found here in this neck of the woods, that most "organic" hogs are raised on the neighbors farm eating the neighbors feed picking up every disease possible from feral and natural wildlife. We just had a local redneck have 90-100 hogs destroyed after a pseudo outbreak. His idea of organic looks like too lazy to fence and too lazy to feed. His lack of respect for others has affected all those who wish to farm in the area, Local health agents testing me and my friends in their astronaut suits can upset the neighbors and professional farmers. To keep the peace, I medicate and use vacinated breeding stock, and maintain breeding records with a health gaurantee. I do this to separate myself from the pack. In a different situation, i might change ......I don't mean to rant just explaining my methods.......

7. John Schneider

John Schneider Well-Known Member

I hear ya Red Hogs...no offense taken, but it did seem like a slam. I don't judge you for the way you raise your hogs, but I have worked extremely hard to research and develop methodologies to raise my pigs differently and to grow my farm in a sustainable way. I have quite a bit of experience with the hog barn environment so I know what you guys have to go through to stay in business. There is a right way and a wrong way to raise hogs in both organic and barn operations...sounds like you have experience with an "organic" guy who does it wrong. I still wish you luck with your operation and hope that you do well. I also love the fact that you are raising heritage breeds. Stay well.