Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a place in Flatwoods Tennessee which is 12 miles south of Linden. I would reccomend the area highly IF, you can import an income stream with you or you can live simply and cheaply on very little. Forestry related work will be most of what you will find, a buddy of mine, a banker, says that everyone who wants a job has one, and I suppose he is right. Be careful, it is easy to pay too much for property down there because it appears to be so cheap, especially on owner financing plans, (I offer owner financing, so trust me on this one) most of the banks will have low loan to value ratios especially on raw land. Be careful of how the banks will structure the notes, 10 year with call at 5 etc, etc. Yep there are plenty of quiet times and a good life style down there, I was raised abut forty miles from the area. If you are still looking you might try Two River Realty and Auction, Ben Gasparo is ok. OR try Jack Ochs at 1st Choice Realty out of Hohenwald, Jack is a prince, low key and very helpful, and sooooo creative on financing, but so is Ben. Lets see, what else might I tell you. Well you could look up Lowell Morgan, no phone Amish, always has some land for sale, and will tell you the truth, and is very creative. Lowell is located in the south end of Perry County near Flatwoods. And if all else fails you can contact me and I will sell you my fourteen acres. Good Luck, and if you do move down there let me know, I'll see to it that you all get catfish at the Rusty Fish Hook. gary and annie

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.