Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
hadn't head of this but it is in my town.. Sounds interesting.. at least good reading

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,
We have considered moving to MO or the Midwest to homestead, and also Oregon. We are wondering what problems you have encountered in your reigon. (i.e. critter trouble, state laws, weather issues, etc.)
Thanks,
thehoffs

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I can't really speak to that. We're still stuck in the city so the only critter problems we have are vermin of the two legged kind :)

Hope you like the heat though.. It stays hot here 9 months of the year. note: hot to me is >70

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Indeed it does all depend on teh area you seek...things that you are looking for. It's all subjective. PCDreams seems to hate Springfield...while we live well outside of town ( I chuckle when I call Springfield a big city ) I love the area we live in.

·
Registered
16,519 Posts
I think it sounds like a great idea, but don't they just wear you out with the words? Good grief. Sounds like some kind of lawyer is in charge or a CEO of a business that doesn't know how to just say what they want to say and get it over with.

but I totally agree with the premise - get people back to growing food and thinking of energy possibilities!

·
-Melissa
1,000 Posts
no idea on the The Well Fed Neighbor program. I do the toys for tots in bolivar.

I live in the Pleasant Hope area. that's just about 20 miles north of Springfield. Family has been here all my life. I like knowing most of the people in town and having Springfield close enough to work/go to college classes. living conditions are low, but so is the pay. humid in the summer, cold in the winter, bugs like you can believe... but, it's home.

-Melissa

·
Super Moderator
16,906 Posts
Varmints in Missouri ane likely the same as we have in Eastern Kansas: possums and *****. Also loose dogs, but, you find that EVERYWHERE!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts