Anyone heard of turmeric therapy?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Jcran, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Jcran

Jcran Well-Known Member

I've got a dear friend who's battling 4th stage lung cancer(non-smoker). Now we are all on the bandwagon to give her as many options as possible. I've been reading up on "TURMERIC" as an anti-inflammatory and tumor-shrinker, etc. It is supposed to have a lot of really great antiseptic properties, including improving the body's immune system. So I went out to our local herb shop and bought three ounces @ .91 per ounce. The typical dose for a 150 lb person seems to be around 1/4-1/2 teaspoon daily(1.5 grams/day). This makes about 24 doses per ounce volume wise. Anyhow, I may start my goatios on it, at least the two who developed foot rot so quickly. Granted, the husbandry part is crucial and I know that. But the other 7 girls in the herd in the same situation (good dry beds in their shelters but wet grass pasture elsewhere) have no rot and I check at least every 4- 6 weeks. Is anyone out there taking turmeric? My friend wasn't able to as it does interact badly with the chemo she's on. I'm going to start it as well, it sounds like a good thing.

2. PTNTEXAS

PTNTEXAS Active Member

Hi! I have heard of it. I add it to a lot of dishes. Even in scrambled eggs, it dosent have to much of a taste, but adds nice color, takes the place of the more expensive saffaron in rice. I do it for the health benefits. You might try over on the alternative health forum. I hope the best for your friend. Paula

3. Terri

Terri Singletree & Weight Loss & Permaculture Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Often, empty capsules can be bought at the pharmacists. You can fill the capsules with spices. I don't think the goats would care, but people do!