Anyone having a problem with Hotmail??

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Farmer Brown, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Farmer Brown

Farmer Brown Well-Known Member

Comes up but stalls out and can't look at any email. Been several days now. Wondering if a hotmail problem or on my end. Thanks for any comment. FB

2. mellba

mellba Well-Known Member Supporter

no problem here

3. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Only prob I've been having is not able to empty junk mail without opening each one, which I refuse to do, so I just let it ride and ignore it.

4. pjd

pjd Well-Known Member

I had that problem this week too. I turned of zone alarm firewall and then it worked. I then deleted zone alarm and reinstalled it and now it works fine. I had recently updated zone alarm before the trouble began. My internet service also had circuit problems about the same time so I don't know if that affected my zone alarm. I may have even had the settings wrong, I don't know but deleting and downloading zone alarm fixed the problem.

5. FrankTheTank

FrankTheTank Well-Known Member

just my opinion...but hotmail blows! I used it for a long time and after junk mail after junk mail, I switched to yahoo...much better...

6. Shygal

Shygal Unreality star Supporter

Same thing happens to me, the page loads then IE freezes up and stops responding. I havent been able to look at my hotmail in over a month.

7. Jo

Jo Well-Known Member

Hey I had problems last week too......when it got to the message part the page was blank......my Son came over and went back a few days and hit restore and it started working again.....he could get my hotmail messages on his computer, so I knew they were there. Glad to hear I wasn't the only one.

8. jefferson

jefferson fuzzball in the Cascades

I have used hotmail for many years but know there has to be better out there somewhere. Who, here, uses what???

9. Karen

Karen Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm having the same problem on one computer and have it think I have it narrowed down to some sort of scripting error. I can't get into on one computer but can on all my others. It goes to the hotmail page but won't download the page. I just get a blank white page.

I'm working on it and when I get the fix, I'll post back here. So far I've tried clearing cache, history, cookies, running virus scan, deleting all spyware, even reinstalling windows hasn't worked. I has hacked a couple of days ago and I believe all my scripting files were changed and some deleted. I can't even upgrade IE or get full windows updates. I may end up having to do a clean install, but trying to avoid it and figure out the hotmail issue first since others are having a problem. I'll let you know. :confused:

10. TwoAcresAndAGoat

TwoAcresAndAGoat Well-Known Member

I have several hotmail accounts and only one is having problems

I can't empty the junk mail so I just let it filter out on its own after 7 days

I can't open anything unless I refresh it first then I can open in fine. It's just a hassel with the one account. The others are fine :no: go fiugre :no:

11. momanto

momanto SW FLORIDA HAPPYLAND

The Day Before Christmas It Started. It Is A Fight And Takes Ages For Each Part To Open. I Just Open A New Browser And After A While, With A Fight Get Back To Wherever Hotmail Is. No Magic Formula. I Am Reluctant To Reload Windows, Too Much Stuff On The Hard Drive.

In Fact I Attempted To Delete Internet Explorer And It Wouldnt Let Me. It Gave A Choice So I Reverted To An Earlier Version. Microsoft Has Announced A New Security Download, But I Would Have To Go Thru A Whole Bunch Of Timeconsuming Updates Havent Down It. Another Bb Reported That It Works.

Confusing, Huh

12. mommymushbrain

mommymushbrain Well-Known Member

I have a gmail account now (google mail) along with hotmail accounts.

I also have 6 gmail invites, if anyone wants one, PM me... first come, first serve. :)

I really like the gmail set up... it has caught 99% of the spam I get - and even that is only like 3 a week.