Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Mom and College Kid
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was asked today, if someone got me one for Christmas,would I want one. Anyone have one? Do you like it. Seems to me any of the fleece blankets? or throws seem really thin. I've been getting really cold easy now and I'm constantly wrapped up.

angel

·
Super Mom and College Kid
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not something that would be very good for long. A year ago I given a thirty dollar electric blanket from Walmart. that thing pilled badly after only three months it was badly worn out.

I'm always cold so looking for something to keep me warm.

angel

·
Registered
707 Posts
Back when I was in Junior High (makes me sound old - LOL), my father bought my mother, who also was cold unless it was 75 degrees (we lived in PA so she was cold a lot) something that was quilted like a sleeping bag, zipped half way up the middle between your legs and the top snapped down to form "sleeves" around your arms. Now I grant you, you could not walk around the house in this - but it kept her warm in the living room after dinner before while she was relaxing. I am not sure I described it well. I have not seen anything like it since.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Back when I was in Junior High (makes me sound old - LOL), my father bought my mother, who also was cold unless it was 75 degrees (we lived in PA so she was cold a lot) something that was quilted like a sleeping bag, zipped half way up the middle between your legs and the top snapped down to form "sleeves" around your arms. Now I grant you, you could not walk around the house in this - but it kept her warm in the living room after dinner before while she was relaxing. I am not sure I described it well. I have not seen anything like it since.
Actually, I saw something just like that on QVC. Don't ask any questions and I won't have to admit that I like the shopping channel....LOL

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
I too am cold natured if I sit still too long.(I think I need more exercise in general)
I once had a thingie, but it was different. You put it on. It zipped up the front and had elastic cuffs on the sleeves and at the bottom of the bag were two feetie holes with elastic cuffs too. It didn't have "legs" persay.. just a bag with holes. You could cross your legs and still be all tucked up inside, but walk across the room easliy too. I may or may not have worn it to feed the chickens on a snowy morning:)
Think huge red tomato suit!!!
I looked like a FREAK!! but I was toasty, toasty warm.

I agree that the ones on tv look too thin to do much good. The one I had was very thick. The only problem was having to strip it off to go tho the bathroom.. you could see your breath in our bathroom at the time. bbbrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Five Oaks Ranch-in SW AR
325 Posts
A few years ago I bought a robe made of blanket type material. It is just like wearing a blanket, zips from top to bottom. I was thinking of a way to keep the bottom together (to avoid drafts). Maybe velcro? I love it and wear it a lot in the winter.

·
Registered
3,676 Posts
We had the quilted ones during the 70s and I loved it. Dh's dad was so cold natured so we got him one and I think he slept in it! LOL!

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
I have one and love it...until I have to go to the bathroom :( brrrrr. So I hardly use it. they really need to invent one with a potty flap.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I recently bought one at the Christmas Tree Shop for $9.99. It's open at the bottom but roomy enough to tuck around your feet. You can easily get up, walk around or go to the bathroom. It just lifts up like a traditional robe. It snaps together to form sleeves and even a hood, or unsnapped, it's a blanket. It's not terribly thin; it's polar fleece, so it's light-weight but warm. I haven't had it long so can not speak on whether it's going to pill alot, but I'm assuming it will as most fleece does. Mine is bright red, but they also had black, brown, green and maybe pink. Yes, it does make me look like a giant tomato!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts