Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Oh we loovveee woolies for babies...
We'll have a black welsh mt one but won't be for a month or two :p

My kids still have their lamb woolies - my son's is falling apart I think!!!

Andrea

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Are you looking for sheep skins with the hide on, or fleeces so you can spin/weave the wool? I do have some sheep skins with the hide tanned if that's what you're looking for. Jan in CO

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Somerhill said:
I've got a couple chocolate brown ones and a couple white ones. they have about 3-4 inch wool on them, is that too long?
You can see pictures on my website
Lisa
www.somerhillfarm.com
Just seeing your home page gave me warm and fuzzies! Your Pyr pup is gorgeous!
I love the brown. I think it would be to long for the baby to lay on but maybe it would be great for a blanket like when we go out.
I will keep your info for later. I need to get the bed pad ones first. It gets realy cold and we only have electric heat so when the power goes out I dont want to have to worry about the new babe or my little tyke freezing.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thatcompchick said:
Oh we loovveee woolies for babies...
We'll have a black welsh mt one but won't be for a month or two :p

My kids still have their lamb woolies - my son's is falling apart I think!!!

Andrea
I WANT IT!!!! I wont need it for a couple of months yet. Could you PM me with price so I can make sure I can afford it. LOL and do you do the processing?

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jan in CO said:
Are you looking for sheep skins with the hide on, or fleeces so you can spin/weave the wool? I do have some sheep skins with the hide tanned if that's what you're looking for. Jan in CO

Yep, thats what Im looking for. I can get them on Ebay but I got to talking to DH and well, its better to go to the individual and the money be spent there rather that some no face who ever. When I raise something it is wonderful to reap the rewards. I would always rather get from the farmer than the grocers. KWIM?

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
I'll try to get some pictures of the ones I have and post them this weekend. Not sure what they are even worth, as I bought them at an auction with the intent of making a rug or something from them. I'll dig them out and see what they look like. Jan in Co

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jan in CO said:
I'll try to get some pictures of the ones I have and post them this weekend. Not sure what they are even worth, as I bought them at an auction with the intent of making a rug or something from them. I'll dig them out and see what they look like. Jan in Co
Gtreat! Would love to see them!

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
I didn't get the pictures taken this weekend, had shooting sports for the granddaughter, had to finish a pen for a lost/found calf, etc. Will try to get them done today sometime. Jan

·
Registered
732 Posts
I am interested in some skins as well, i have multiple uses for them, so if anybody has some please pm me with the prices ( and shipping costs ) along with their info ( size, type, color, etc. )Thanks !!!

·
Registered
600 Posts
I have Shetland pelts for sale in black, morit, grey (silver). Will have more colors next Spring. Also waiting for a black blue-faced leister pelt to return. I few white texel type lamb pelts as well.

I use Stern Tanning. They claim the pelts are machine washable.

Email me at [email protected] for details. I will try to PM with prices tonight.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts