Anyone have pin stock - 15" long and 1 3/4" diameter?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by BasicLiving, Oct 31, 2006.

1. BasicLiving

BasicLiving Well-Known Member

Does anyone have pin stock - 15" long and 1 3/4" diameter? We're working on repairing a backhoe bucket and not having much luck locating the pin stock we need locally. If you have it, please pm me and let me know how much you want for it.

Thanks!
    Penny

2. Windy in Kansas

Windy in Kansas In Remembrance

My thoughts---Can you find an old hydraulic cylinder with the correct shaft diameter to serve as pins? Guess it would take several but some of cylinders are of pretty good length. You might check a combine salvage yard to see if any of the header lift cylinders are of the correct diameter to serve as the pins you need.

3. pyrnad

pyrnad Well-Known Member

http://www.northerntool.com/affiliates/onlinemetals/

Steel supplier

I have bought metals from these guys before for welding projects. They have stainless rod in stock in the diameter you need. It ain’t cheep but they have every kind and size you could want. Try the link and look at the different types then just follow directions.

Pyrnad’s Hubby

4. beowoulf90

beowoulf90 Well-Known Member Supporter

When I had the curling arms repaired on my backhoe I got the round stock from the local tractor repair/ welding shop.. So I would check out the local tractor junk yard and weld shops.. Also check out the places that repair commercial electric motors, I have gotten some nice sized shafts from them...