Anyone have Belties?

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Fran on MD Eastern Shore, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Fran on MD Eastern Shore

Fran on MD Eastern Shore Terminally Single

I'm looking for either Dutch Belteds or Belted Galloways. Actually, both. Anybody know where I might be able to find some in the Mid-Atlantic area? Thanks for any leads.

2. agmantoo

agmantoo agmantoo Supporter

Near the intersection Of I-40 and I-77 here in NC there is a small farm with a number of these pasture ornaments. Is that too far to travel? If not, I could stop by there and ask if they have anything for sale. Just let me know!

3. Hovey Hollow

Hovey Hollow formerly hovey1716

Do they have a breed association? I found my Dexter on the classified section of the breed association page. They also had lists of breeders by state. I would think most breed associations would have something similar. I don't know about any but Dexter's but I'd bet they are out there.

Just Googled them and came up with:

http://www.beltie.org/breeders/breeder1.html

4. myersfarm

myersfarm Dariy Calf Raiser

you should have been here in missouri saw some go though the sale barn heifers and bulls alike they didn't bring very much and they were good looking cattle i forget now but i think it was like 68 cents apound when everything else that was that size was $1.39 pound they were in the 500 pound size..if you wanted a bunch i might be able to find the guy that sold them he sold that day 40 so i am sure he has more...john