Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flower show is in March and we plan on taking a bus trip down just for the day. It will take 4 hours each way to get to Philadelphia but haven't been in a few years and are going to try and make it for sure !! Anyone else planning on going !!??

·
Happy Scrounger
13,634 Posts
ooooooo! The wonderful Spring flower shows!! Your minivacation sounds WONDERFUL!

We usually have one sometime in February I think it is. Late in the month. To get people all excited about gardening again. It's so fantastic to walk into the hall and you are suddenly transported to Summer. The last time I went I ended up with all sorts of ideas for landscaping and planters and new ways to raise old favorites!

It's snowing here now. and about to go subzero for a high for a few days. Spring is an awfully long ways off :(

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Ooohh, I would love to go! I only live about 1/2 hour from Phila, but for some reason, have never been able to make it to the flower show. It used to be because of work, and I have been told that the crowds on weekends are so thick, you can't really see the exhibits. Then, I was injured and out of work for a couple of years, but wasn't capable of doing that much walking. Now, I just plain can't afford to go. Usually one of the local TV stations does a "preview" show, so I do get to see a little of it. Enjoy your visit, I think a bus trip would be the best way to go. Post and tell us all about it, afterward!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts