Anyone get the "Successful Farming" magazine?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by NewBoy, Jan 15, 2004.

1. NewBoy

NewBoy New Member

I have a promo for 36 months for $15.95. I have never seen this magazine, but the 25 free "farm tested ideas" they enclosed looked decent. Thought I might try it. I just wondered if anyone has seen the mag before and has an opinion of it. Thanks! :eek:

2. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

Let me know if you order and how it checks out. I'm always looking for good reading material .

3. almostthere

almostthere Well-Known Member

Do they have an online version? Maybe you could go read some snipits of articles to see if it applies...

4. NewBoy

NewBoy New Member

www.agriculture.com

There is a place on the left to click for the magazine. It doesn't give you the whole mag but, does give some articles. Also, has an article about plasma cutters, Basic but gives you some idea about them if you are clueless. :yeeha:

5. Ken Scharabok

Ken Scharabok In Remembrance

Price is reasonable since it full of slick, full-page, full-color advertisements. Basically oriented towards the large farm operation. Progressive Farmer (www.progressivefarmer.com) isn't quite as bad.

Ken Scharabok

6. mysticokra

mysticokra Well-Known Member

If you want something oriented more towards a small farm with an affinity for homesteaders try Small Farm Today. See http://www.smallfarmtoday.com/

7. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

I didn't bother top renew my subscription. I only farm 250 acres with 200 ewes... small fry to these folks. Ag Online is a neat site though. More full time farmers on the BB system there, multiple lifetimes worth of experience.