Anyone ever checked Petfinder for livestock?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by cricket, Oct 20, 2005.

1. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

I was wasting time and checked barnyard animals on petfinder...WOW! I could populate a serious farm with the critters they had on there. Llamas in MO and NY, cows, pigs...I never found any chickens though. I even found some really nice dairy goats! Unfortunately, everything is very far away from me...Oh well. I just thought I would ask since one of the main concerns with homesteading is the start-up cost. Many of these are a fraction of what they would cost from a breeder...However, they also come with baggage I'm sure. Anyway, I just thought I would ask.

2. dlangland

dlangland dlangland

Actually, I was thrilled last night because one of our very own members sent me a sweet list of larger, older dogs they compiled fromthe PetFinder site since I had mentioned I have been searching for one, but when I started to explore their site last night, I couldn't believe it, they some of everything from dogs/cats/horses/guinea pigs. Deb

3. wy_white_wolf

wy_white_wolf Just howling at the moon

Found 1 rooster in Colorado Springs

4. hisenthlay

hisenthlay a.k.a. hyzenthlay

I've definitely seen chickens on there in the past. Dairy goats, geese, ducks, horses, sheep, everything. And if you're worried about the quality of the animals, it'd be a great way to find companion animals for yours, too--like if you only want one dairy goat and you need a whether to keep her company. I love that site.

5. Paint Crazy

Paint Crazy Member

I have one ornery yaller cat I could share...... :walk: