Anyone ever built a bulldozer?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by SouthernThunder, Sep 2, 2004.

1. SouthernThunder

SouthernThunder Well-Known Member

I've seen plenty of homemade tractors around these parts and I was wondering if anyone has ever done a homemade bulldozer? I know popular mechanics used to sell kits but Im sure if someone were realy creative they could make one from spare parts etc.. So has anyone ever built a bulldozer? Know of any good websites?

2. Tractorman

Tractorman Well-Known Member

Dude! My wife thinks I'm crazy but I have plans (in my head) of doing just that when I get my new shop built. I have seen a miniature dozer at a tractor show that was homemade worked really good.

3. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

:eek: please, please, PLEASE do NOT even suggest to my husband or FIL that this might be possible!!!! :worship: It would just be one more thing for them to save up stuff that "we might use someday"!!! I beg you!!! Just let this die a natural death. Thank you!!

H'bird :haha:

4. Tractorman

Tractorman Well-Known Member

My wife cringes every time I bring home another rusted "Treasure" aka "junk" to add to my collection!!

BTW the first 6 chapters of Joshua are some of my favorites!

5. Torch

Torch Well-Known Member

In the piney woods of the great state of Texas.
    That's on my list right after I complete my space ship and my time machine.

Joshua? Did I miss something? You mean the book?

6. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

Well, it's one of a collection of books, called the Bible. ;) Great, great story!! I highly recommend it. Have a wonderful day! :)

H'bird

p.s. If the time machine works, can we just take off say 5 or 10 years? I don't want to go back and do EVERYTHING over. Just keep the wisdom at a younger age, dontcha know? :D